This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

handsupzsolla
Star III
It’s awful to read these, I’ve been getting up with this forum for 4 days in the morning and lying in the evening.
I submitted the service request on Sunday and there is no RMA number. Could it be because I wrote down what I read, saw here on the forum? Proximity sensor not working? Do you get your phone back scratched? This is not a service.!
And they replace the hardware with the same bad as the previous one? There will then be an update that will drive your phone down so you don’t sweat the hardware. Weren't you afraid of that?

handsupzsolla
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

@th.besch If you haven't unlocked/rooted your device and played around with the kernel / ROM or otherwise tinkered with the software (you would know if you had) - getting stuck in ramdump points toward hardware problems of some kind.

We have no reason to believe that normal users are getting stuck in ramdump because of a bug in the software.

View post
@Gustav_ASUS
I have never touched Rom and Kernel I am an ordinary user.
I may not understand what you are writing here, but do you think anyone who has this problem has rooted the phone or other software put on it?

zoltan_dosa
Star II
raimundas78

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186950#Comment_186950

So from the cases you have had, there is no consistency in root cause and these are caused by various problems? Or you just don't know anything yet? It would be really helpful if root cause could be pinned down, I have to travel sometimes for a week or more and it now this gives me one more thing to be anxious about.

View post
I am very much curious about this as well. If we are having exactly the same error, there must be something wrong with ASUS phones in general (or just error reporting?). I have never experienced such catastrophic failure of a smartphone in my life (until my zenfone decided to go ramdump).

marzvin
Rising Star II
handsupzsolla

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186926#Comment_186926

@Gustav_ASUS

I have never touched Rom and Kernel I am an ordinary user.

I may not understand what you are writing here, but do you think anyone who has this problem has rooted the phone or other software put on it?

View post
Mine was never rooted, so it does not matter rooted or not, people are facing the issue. The only difference is that if you're rooted, asus might reject your warranty and charge you for the repair!

atoia68
Rising Star I
In Italy the law allows you to keep the phone under repair for a maximum of 40 days !!! considering that if they do not solve the problem, the phone will return several times to assistance due to defective components, I know that we will remain without a smartphone for many months with the fear that during an important period of work this 1000 euro device will suddenly drop you !!!! Asus must solve the problem it cannot accuse the customer of tampering .... false accidental drops ... power surges etc. etc. Asus you have to intervene by solving the problem immediately or return the money spent.