This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@HeLLKiTe As I've explained before in this thread, we (ASUS) are following up on every ramdump related service case being reported here on Zentalk (16 cases in total) and other platforms. Affected users are being guided to service for checkup and repair in order to investigate the underlying issue and get the device back in working order.
Our global service team is tracking every case to make sure that affected devices are being received, repaired and returned to their owners correctly and are following up with individual customers where needed.
I again want to make it clear that there are several reasons (both software and hardware-related) as to why a device can enter the 'Waiting for flashing full ramdump' screen; much like how a PC would react with a blue screen error.
Point is it will differ from case to case, which is why I can't make a blanket statement about root causes.

NaitikK
Rising Star I
HeLLKiTe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185910#Comment_185910

Well written! @Gustav_ASUS as someone who represents Asus on this forum have you actually raised or talked to them about this problem? Instead of giving us a scripted reply to check with our local service centers we would at least expect that this has actually reached Asus HQ ears instead of it being stuck here in the forums.

Can you give us a statement in behalf of Asus? This would be much appreciated by everyone here.

Other than the phone dying unexpectedly, we are extremely disappointed by the silence and the lack of acknowledgment by Asus on this matter.

If Asus is not able to provide a reason why phones are dying then announce a callback! This will save the company's reputation

View post
If you wish this to be reported to ASUS HQ, send an email to ASUS_Support_HQ@asus.com

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@HeLLKiTe As I've explained before in this thread, we (ASUS) are following up on every ramdump related service case being reported here on Zentalk (16 cases in total) and other platforms. Affected users are being guided to service for checkup and repair in order to investigate the underlying issue and get the device back in working order.

Our global service team is tracking every case to make sure that affected devices are being received, repaired and returned to their owners correctly and are following up with individual customers where needed.

I again want to make it clear that there are several reasons (both software and hardware-related) as to why a device can enter the 'Waiting for flashing full ramdump' screen; much like how a PC would react with a blue screen error.

Point is it will differ from case to case, which is why I can't make a blanket statement about root causes.

View post
Appreciate the response @Gustav_ASUS.
Whether the issue is hardware or software the underlying concern here is quality control. The phone was only in the market for barely a few months and these issues are already coming out. If the product is not ready for release then why put it out there? Was there even any QC done? This thread only focuses on this major issue but there are also minor issues reported in other threads, I would not expect a new phone to have so many issues.
Another point is since you mentioned that you are keeping track of this Ramdump issues regardless if it's HW or SW can you then share to us what exactly are the some of the problems (findings based on investigation)? If it's HW, is the board faulty? if SW, was it caused by one of the recent firmware updates? We deserve more than vague statements such as it could be due to HW/SW then full stop.
I would assume you have some communication with HQ, can you then help to relay the message to provide consumers the option to get a refund? Because clearly some of us have no confidence in the quality of Asus products even after getting the device back. At this point the perception we have is there is minimal QC being done which could also apply to the replacement parts, so you could be replacing a faulty part with another faulty part.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Gustav_ASUS

View post
I havent seen the 8flip being affected by this and only rather few amounts of Rog5's, maybe there is something the devs can try and compare.

marzvin
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186209#Comment_186209

I havent seen the 8flip being affected by this and only rather few amounts of Rog5's, maybe there is something the devs can try and compare.

View post
You will be lucky to get an answer from Asus.