This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

dron39
Rising Star II
aserhau

Received mine back from repair 27.11, repair took a month in Norway, motherboard was changed, no working better than ever...

View post
Did you mean "now" instead of "no"? 😄
What do you mean by better than ever? Battery life? Overall performance? No heating? What exactly?

francescod84
Star I
daniel91m

image.png

topic slowly slows down

View post
The important things to know to develop a nice stat are:
-MFD
-modded (and what in detail) or stock device
-months of usage when issue happened
-issue details

daniel91m
Rising Star II
not everyone writes this data
image.png
average life time (from the production date to the defect)
image.png
I do not count modified devices

Jurigag
Star II
Honestly this really sucks, i don't have this issue yet, but this simply means that i need to always have a emergency phone when going on some travel, because you can never know when this will happen.
My phone is 2021.04, it seems that newer models have higher rate of this issue?

ZT-0250335e
Star III
Jurigag

Honestly this really sucks, i don't have this issue yet, but this simply means that i need to always have a emergency phone when going on some travel, because you can never know when this will happen.

My phone is 2021.04, it seems that newer models have higher rate of this issue?

View post
Honestly I wouldn't be so pessimistic at the moment. Yes, the issue is existing and it is not just individual cases, but as seen above there were 67 cases reported in this thread. If we assume only one third of the owners actually google this topic when facing the problem, it is still around 200 cases globally. Compared to the number of units sold, this should affect maybe 1-2% of the devices sold. Yes, that is way above the accepted failure ratio but way below to be always concerned. And I am saying this with my phone also got serviced because of this.
Just to compare: my wife got an S21 Ultra which with the Android 12 update got it's camera software screwed. The picture quality became waaaay worse than before, and Samsung so far wouldn't even accept it for service...