This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

My mind is changing about considering Asus a top and quality manufacturer.
Asus has the obligation to inform users of the reason for the problem, which units are affected and if once it is repaired in the technical service it can happen again.
It is true that Asus offers the repair solution, but you cannot live thinking that the phone could fail at any moment and have to constantly make backups. And in the case o a fault, spending several weeks without the phone. It has been many months since this problem was detected and ASUS does not clarify anything.
I was a proud owner of my Zenfone 8 until it suddenly died and unfortunately I bought the phone on Aliexpress China and now I have no local warranty, ASUS cannot even repair it paying. I hope Aliexppress seller can handle the warranty in China, but it is another story.
When Zenfone 8 was launched, I was impressed. It was the perfect phone for me. Now I have a nice expensive brick.
I will have to go back to Xiaomi, they never fail or spend my money on an Iphone mini (very expensive, but finally is cheaper than to buy a unreliable Zenfone 8).
Perhaps Asus is thinking that giving a solution to all Zenfone users in the world is expensive, but it will really be more expensive if they do not give the solution and explanation of the problem of their phones. Zenfone 8 sales will fall and who will buy "Zenfone 9"?
You can find many threads about Zenfone 8 bricked or died on internet an this is no good for Asus as a Top manufacturer if this situation not changes.

Redfin
Star I
reading all these stuffs makes me nervous with my 2 week old zenfone 8... Hopin it won't happen to mine

daniel91m
Rising Star II
image.png
topic slowly slows down

aserhau
Star I
Received mine back from repair 27.11, repair took a month in Norway, motherboard was changed, no working better than ever...

almiz
Star II
Martín Salmerón

My mind is changing about considering Asus a top and quality manufacturer.

Asus has the obligation to inform users of the reason for the problem, which units are affected and if once it is repaired in the technical service it can happen again.

It is true that Asus offers the repair solution, but you cannot live thinking that the phone could fail at any moment and have to constantly make backups. And in the case o a fault, spending several weeks without the phone. It has been many months since this problem was detected and ASUS does not clarify anything.

I was a proud owner of my Zenfone 8 until it suddenly died and unfortunately I bought the phone on Aliexpress China and now I have no local warranty, ASUS cannot even repair it paying. I hope Aliexppress seller can handle the warranty in China, but it is another story.

When Zenfone 8 was launched, I was impressed. It was the perfect phone for me. Now I have a nice expensive brick.

I will have to go back to Xiaomi, they never fail or spend my money on an Iphone mini (very expensive, but finally is cheaper than to buy a unreliable Zenfone 8).

Perhaps Asus is thinking that giving a solution to all Zenfone users in the world is expensive, but it will really be more expensive if they do not give the solution and explanation of the problem of their phones. Zenfone 8 sales will fall and who will buy "Zenfone 9"?

You can find many threads about Zenfone 8 bricked or died on internet an this is no good for Asus as a Top manufacturer if this situation not changes.

View post
Does your Chinese seller with Aliexpress agree to send your phone for service? He refuses everyone and does not want to take the phone for repair. What is the name of your salesperson?