This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

th_besch
Rising Star I
As long as asus has not identified the reason for the problem, neither repair nor replacement is an option to protect us from the next breakdown. It could happen any time again. So refund is the only way if asus would take the full reponsibility and treat their customers right. At the very moment asus stated they found the reason and zf8 gen2 is now flawless I would buy it again. Definitely.
Come on, asus, too much time already wasted!

handsupzsolla
Star III
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187101#Comment_187101

Point out this thread to them

Unlocking technically voids warranty but this issue is occurring for locked users too and just unlocking won't kill the hardware/brick it (whatever is happening to the zf8s)

If you unlocked then flashed a custom kernel then that would've been a valid case for rejecting your claim

By the way guys did you all buy it in first sale? Are these affected devices first batch devices?

Zenfone 8 flip seems fine only 8 is affected

Was wondering if India gets newer batch units which possibly don't have this issue 🤔 (phone hasn't launched yet but has been said to come this month)

View post
I was also one of the first to order a phone

atoia68
Rising Star I
Anyone have any news about the repaired smartphones?

marzvin
Rising Star II
atoia68

Anyone have any news about the repaired smartphones?

View post
Mine was picked up on the 7th of September, and got an email to say they're still waiting for parts to repair it, so it's a long wait it seems.

daniel91m
Rising Star II
Lack of spare parts and too long repair time may be the basis for a refund - this may be an opportunity for you.