This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 pocket mode

mukamajoe
Star I
After aquiring this Zenfone 8 am really dissatisfied.. the phone pocket mode is not working . It keeps calling other contacts whilst on another call when it's placed in the pocket using Bluetooth buds..
Secondly the freezes on half screen . This has happened twice ... Am very disappointed...

3 REPLIES 3

justmrsimon
Star II
My Zenfone 8's pocket mode is terrible, I regularly find my phone has turned on the torch, taken photos or videos, or a number of other things.

keren_ASUS
Hi @mukamajoe
I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your ZF8 pocket mode. Can you try the steps on the post below since you both have similar issues:
lelijkebrulaap

After calling my new Asus Zenfone 8 the worst phone ever for more than a month due to pocket mode issues, I finally found what's causing it.

It's not all of the answers here: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/55617/pocket-mode-doesnt-work

The real issue is a setting of the Google Assistent allowing it to be active in lock mode. Once I switched off this setting, I finally stopped calling everyone while being on the bike, sending text messages when being in the pub, etc.

No clue why this setting is enabled by default, but I suggest everyone to disable it.

Pocket mode bug
Thank you!

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.