This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 hotspot not working after Android 13 update

sevilla952
Star I

I installed the pushed update for Android 13 on my Zenfone 8, and after that my WiFi hotspot stopped working. The option is no longer under its typical location in Settings > Network & Internet, it must be searched for or accessed via shortcut. I have tried changing all Hotspot settings, factory reset the phone, and I even contacted my wireless provider to confirm service is active for my account. I have read that downgrading to Android 12 enables WiFi functionality again, but I'd like to know how ASUS will address the issue.

80 REPLIES 80

Thank you again  Arthur.

Finally found the Asus Flip Android 12 restore zip file provided by one the Asus administrators back in December when they were running a beta test for Android 13. During the beta they provided this recovery file you can just place on the root folder and the phone would detect it and restore to 12. As soon as the OS loaded I ran adb shell command you provided to disable the auto-update. Really appreciate it.

If anyone needs the Asus Zenfone 8 Flip recovery file (firmware) I can upload it to my OneDrive and create a share link.

I am honestly really happy to be back. I'm more appreciative of the Android 12 software. The look and feel is much better. I am not sure the Android 13 Asus launcher was fully developed. One of the reasons I like Asus phones is it has a better feel than stock Android ROMs. I am not giving up on Asus because of this glitch with Android 13. It has been a difficult 3 years for businesses handling the changing times since the pandemic. And when you buy Android you expect to have some manual maintenance. But with this responsibility comes more capability to control your device.

I have been an Asus fan since my Geek Squad days in 2012 when I first learned about them. Not going to stop believing in the Search for Incredible.

ustaarthur
Star III

Maybe I was too harsh on A13. I guess it did have some good updates, I can't tell or remember because I used it for a short time. That would be nice to fix the Hotspot problem with an adb command, but I doubt it's that easy to fix it. Plus why are we even bothering with this or wishing an adb command would fix this. People paid a ton of money for their Z8, Asus should address this issue ASAP and give people a working A13 update.

You're welcome, glad to help.

I am also happy to be back on A12, it looks and works great.

Menhir65
Rising Star I

Yesterday I installed the correct version of Android 13 published on March 16, but even with this they did not correct the bug. The hotspot is not working. I had to bring it back to Android 12 again to get it unioniced. Really disappointed!

That's good to know, I did not know a new update came out couple days ago. But what do you mean by "correct version" and also if it's the correct version, how come the main problem of Hotspot not working is not fixed?