This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 hotspot not working after Android 13 update

sevilla952
Star I

I installed the pushed update for Android 13 on my Zenfone 8, and after that my WiFi hotspot stopped working. The option is no longer under its typical location in Settings > Network & Internet, it must be searched for or accessed via shortcut. I have tried changing all Hotspot settings, factory reset the phone, and I even contacted my wireless provider to confirm service is active for my account. I have read that downgrading to Android 12 enables WiFi functionality again, but I'd like to know how ASUS will address the issue.

80 REPLIES 80

Seriously just post the fix for everyone. I've seen the posts on your so called help. It didn't help anyone. 

I did a factory reset and lost call and text now too. The phone is now worthless. Clearly Zen8 is not compatible with android 13. My Galaxy Flip handled the 13 update just fine. So it's Zen8-andro13 issue. 

We just have to hope that they release a firmware with bug fixes, as was done for the Zenfone 9 that a few days after the first firmware full of bugs came out the correct firmware for Andorid 13.

Me too i will never buy again an asus phone,

Menhir65
Rising Star I

The only solution is to download the file for downgrading to Android 12 and everything will work again. Needless to hope that they solve, since after a month of countless complaints they have done nothing. Android 13 is full of bugs!

Blueshift
Star I

Also having the same issue! The wifi will occasionally stop working all together as well.