This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 hotspot not working after Android 13 update

sevilla952
Star I

I installed the pushed update for Android 13 on my Zenfone 8, and after that my WiFi hotspot stopped working. The option is no longer under its typical location in Settings > Network & Internet, it must be searched for or accessed via shortcut. I have tried changing all Hotspot settings, factory reset the phone, and I even contacted my wireless provider to confirm service is active for my account. I have read that downgrading to Android 12 enables WiFi functionality again, but I'd like to know how ASUS will address the issue.

80 REPLIES 80

Owlenchantress
Star II

My HotSpot button disappeared completely. I was hung up by 3 support agents because warranty was expired. On 4th try I got a respectable, knowledgeable guy. 

Seems the only fix is to downgrade back to 12. The Zen8 does not nor do they have intention to make it work with Android 13. 

So basically ASUS won't support a phone past 1 year. Will never buy another ASUS device. 

I downgraded mine to A12 and I'm very happy with it, forget A13, even though it might have couple of good improvements. A12 looks better anyway and has no problems.

Do other phone brands have warranty or at least give you support past 1 year?

In Europe, by law, the hardware warranty is 2 years. while updating firmware and security patches varies from company to company. The companies that guarantee the most updates are Samsung (up to 4 years) and Google for Pixel phones (up to 3 years).

How I tried the guys at phone repair shop tried. Once I downloaded the file the ASUS agent gave me nothing at all happened.

Then I did factory reset and lost call and text. 

Yes all other companies will still help after a year. You might have to pay but support is still possible. I tried asking to pay for help with Asus n was still rejected. 

Hello, @Owlenchantress .

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
I have sent you a private message for more detail information, please check.

Thank you.