This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 hotspot not working after Android 13 update

sevilla952
Star I

I installed the pushed update for Android 13 on my Zenfone 8, and after that my WiFi hotspot stopped working. The option is no longer under its typical location in Settings > Network & Internet, it must be searched for or accessed via shortcut. I have tried changing all Hotspot settings, factory reset the phone, and I even contacted my wireless provider to confirm service is active for my account. I have read that downgrading to Android 12 enables WiFi functionality again, but I'd like to know how ASUS will address the issue.

80 REPLIES 80

Bing GPT 4.0 makes research so much easier. The assistant extracting info from stackexchange.com shared how to turn on Hotspot from adb shell but it really just runs the commands that would simulate pressing the settings navigation which we know does nothing. So shell command also does nothing.

adb shell am start -n com.android.settings/.TetherSettings  
adb shell input keyevent 20 
adb shell input keyevent 66 

I did not know there was an Android 13 update until you @ustaarthur, posted yesterday, but thought I would try this before I updated. ADB Shell commands did not work and the Android 13 update did not fix the hotspot bug. I do see USB tethering turns on. Checking now to see if this can work for me. That does not seem to work. connected and toggle flipped on by my work laptop has not internet.

As you can see I have been a loyal customer. Really would like some help with Zenfone 8 Flip @asustek

Toltek_0-1679232898203.png

Needless to lose your head, Android 13 does not bring any objective improvement, but only problems and the battery lasts much less, so hold on to Android 12 and you will not have problems.

Does also encountered flipping  mechanism on your camera on zenfone 8 flip not working after A13 update? Aside from WiFi and hotspot not working? I've been frustrated for 2 weeks for this bugs and I want to throw this away, can anyone help me.

Just downgrade to A12 and live happily ever after.

How?