This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 died after latest (march 2023) ota update

assaf2
Star I

I can't find the firmware for it on the support website, but I had an OTA update today that had March security update, improved system stability, and one other feature. I installed it and pressed Reboot Now, and now the phone's screen is black and the phone isn't responding to button presses. The phone is still warm to the touch, however (for now, at least)

The phone is not rooted or modified in any way.

Does anyone else have this problem or am I just unlucky?

Thanks
Edit: after reading some other posts, I tried connecting it to my PC via USB, and Device Manager sees it as QUSB_BULK, like the other post suggested. So it seems to be the same failure mode.

8 REPLIES 8

Ronni2
Star II

Mel jsem tento stejny problem zenphone 8 aktualizace na android 13 a telefon zemrel. Poslano do servisu, vymena zakladni desky telefon ze servisu dosel uz z android 13.Vcera instalovana bezpecnostni aktualizace a zatim OK. Zatim objeveny problem hur foti rozmazane mista ve fotce, jakoby spatne softwarove zaostroval.

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @assaf2 

May I ask whether your problem solved?

If not you can try the troubleshooting steps in the following link.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1015488/

Thank you.

No, nothing works. The phone seems like it's gaining charge when it's plugged in, since the LED blinks red for a minute and the phone becomes warm, but the screen doesn't turn on, nor does the phone vibrate in response to any button inputs. (I've tried holding down the power button for 5 seconds, 15 seconds, 40 seconds, with and without the volume buttons, etc, according to various things I've read online but nothing helps.)

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @assaf2 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.