cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

we are sitting on a time bomb with the Z8 - RAMDUMP

tzsolt
Rising Star I

I WILL NEVER EVER BUY an ASUS phone again - 

as ASUS does not give any specific information about the cause of the problem and why this production series 2021/04-06 was not recalled!

4 REPLIES 4

nasch007
Rising Star II

I don't blame you. It seems they honored even out-of-warranty service, but to me that clearly indicates a manufacturing or programming defect. My motherboard was just replaced (not because of Ramdump -- it just died) but they could not or would not tell me the cause, or if it is liable to happen again.

It's a scummy way to treat your customers if you know something is up and don't recall it. I don't care if your plan is to just repair and replace all those affect -- at the very least you can tell us of the issue so we don't lose our data and time and energy every time!

AhmetKoc
Star I

tzsolt I'm in the same situation as you as my Zenfone 8 just bricked itself with the ramdump issue.  I'm in the process of sending the device back to Asus & am expecting they'll repair, replace or refund.

Once the Zenfone 8 issue is sorted I will keep that as a backup phone replacing my current very slow Galaxy s5 backup.

Happy with Asus so just bought a Zenfone 10 which is a big step up from the 8.  Have had it for a week and it's been great.  Comes with 2 year warranty so if anything happens am confident it will get taken care of.

Moderator here is helpful in pointing you in the right direction to getting your 8 sorted.

vavriska
Star III

So "finally" my phone died suddenly today. After 28 months, so unfortunatelly no warranty. I'm very sad.

@vavriska 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.