cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

we are sitting on a time bomb with the Z8 - RAMDUMP

tzsolt
Rising Star I

I WILL NEVER EVER BUY an ASUS phone again - 

as ASUS does not give any specific information about the cause of the problem and why this production series 2021/04-06 was not recalled!

4 REPLIES 4

nasch007
Rising Star II

I don't blame you. It seems they honored even out-of-warranty service, but to me that clearly indicates a manufacturing or programming defect. My motherboard was just replaced (not because of Ramdump -- it just died) but they could not or would not tell me the cause, or if it is liable to happen again.

It's a scummy way to treat your customers if you know something is up and don't recall it. I don't care if your plan is to just repair and replace all those affect -- at the very least you can tell us of the issue so we don't lose our data and time and energy every time!

AhmetKoc
Star II

tzsolt I'm in the same situation as you as my Zenfone 8 just bricked itself with the ramdump issue.  I'm in the process of sending the device back to Asus & am expecting they'll repair, replace or refund.

Once the Zenfone 8 issue is sorted I will keep that as a backup phone replacing my current very slow Galaxy s5 backup.

Happy with Asus so just bought a Zenfone 10 which is a big step up from the 8.  Have had it for a week and it's been great.  Comes with 2 year warranty so if anything happens am confident it will get taken care of.

Moderator here is helpful in pointing you in the right direction to getting your 8 sorted.

vavriska
Star III

So "finally" my phone died suddenly today. After 28 months, so unfortunatelly no warranty. I'm very sad.

@vavriska 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.