This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Asus and all owners of a dead Zenfone 8

leoncarrera
Star III

By now is it clear the Asus Zenfone 8 has a weakness when it comes to its motherboard. Phones are dying in very comparable situations; after installing an update or patch and/ or when charging. The died phones show the same state: a sudden black screen, no response on buttons or screen, sometimes an orange fast blinking LED for about ten seconds when the charger is attached, after which also this stops blinking. Even the life duration of the phones are alike when this happens;  around two years.  Some people are lucky that it can be repaired under warranty, most aren't when warranty has just expired.

All of the phones which were repaired received a new motherboard. So also in here the fix seems comparable. Or at least not repairable with a soldering or partial replacement of other components. There is no wide variety of repairs to be found on ZenTalk on this. 

This issue goes beyond individual or even wrong use, a single faulty or unfortunate phone. All phones that died did this in comparable situations and after comparable life times. There is something wrong with the design or components of the Zenfone 8, or at least a batch, which can't be put on warranty alone when it comes to a repair. 

Asus, please take this matter and your clients serious. At least more then you have proven till this date. Asus can't just address this matter with the initial question if the phone is still under the warranty. Asus does know what the technical issues are with these phones, so please then also take your responsibility. Asus put this premium phone on the market at a premium price. This comes with an expected life duration that goes beyond a hard line of just 24 months. Warranty is for specific situations. These dying Zenfones are not specific. It is a general issue. So please handle it as such.

Can Asus confirm that they will keep addressing issues regarding these dying Zenfones as individual technical matters? And thus with warranty as strict and main component to define if Asus or customers are financially responsible for further action? And if so, what is their response to these resembling dying phones that Asus will keep holding onto this strict warranty duration when it is clear customers can't be held responsible for their broken Zenfones, since they die during normal use or especially after installing new and updated Asus firmware?

To all users of a died Zenfone 8: please add your phone to this thread, when it died (lifetime) and on which occurence. 

Kind regards,
León

121 REPLIES 121

They should repair everyone with the FAULTY MOTHERBOARD issue for at least 3 years.  I will join a class action , reside in the USA.  Cheers.

Count me in.  Close to $700 phone, 20 months of pristine condition and just suddenly bricks itself.  No warning whatsoever.

I still did not got any reaction nor private messages on my previous posts here. Please do so and follow up. With dm-ing people to send their serial number to check if their phone is under warranty or not is not solving the bigger issue that is being addressed in this thread. What is Asus going to do on these dead phones, warranty or not? What is their standpoint to their failing Zenfone 8?

Zep
Star I

Unfortunately, I find myself next in line for a bricked Zenfone 8. I've owned mine since February 2022, and just as it went out of warranty, it decided to brick itself on March 7th, 2024, while I was charging it. It took several emails and two weeks of persistence to finally get Asus to pick it up and assess it for repair. Now, I've received a cost estimate that's nearly the price of a new device. If I decline the repair, I anticipate having to pay at least a hundred euros just for them to inspect the device. What a frustrating situation, with limited options and hefty expenses looming ahead. But hey, BIG POSSIBILITIES

Let’s post on YouTube Asus Z 11 reviews and comments our stories, unfortunately and sadly it seems the only easy solution to get others costumers and ASUS’s attention. Sad we need to post bad review to defend ourself from a high tech company in which we trusted until “yesterday”