This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speakers' volume fluctuates

Kleshar
Star III
I have purchased a Zenfone 8, 256/16 model version. 
When hearing music at high volume with the Internal stereo speakers on every kind of app (YouTube, Internal music player, VLC, etc.) the music/sound starts going up and down with no reason at random intervals: it literally fluctuates. Trying to enjoy some music is impossible. I've tried to contact support but they just asked me regular stuff. Their conclusion? " Here's your RMA module, we need to repair your smartphone " 
I find it really odd, i am pretty sure this is not a hardware-related problem. Why? Because I've switched smartphone and the previous one has the same audio-related problem. I'm coming from a 3 months old Google Pixel 5 running on android 11.
All the people i know are noticing my issue. I have also other android devices equipped with stereo speakers: these devices are on previous android versions and they all sound perfect when listening to music. 
Note: I've tried everything with zero success. Notifications' sound and bluetooth are always turned off. It's not an app-related problem : I've tried to play music from a clean factory-reset device with no google account connected and zero apps. Result? No success.
Another note: i have not tried playing music on an external bluetooth stereo speaker. I don't have that kind of item and i have no intention to purchase it at the moment.
I just want to know if you have my same problem or if you have any kind of suggestion.
I think this is just a heavy bug related to android 11 or... well, I could just be the unluckiest smartphone user in the world, buying two new smartphones with the same identical problem: it's almost like winning the lottery. 😂
Thank you.  
27 REPLIES 27

Kleshar
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

Hi guys,

Just wanted to pop in and ask you if you're still running into these issues on the latest .103 firmware version.

@Kleshar @pipsss81

View post
Yes, I am still having the same problem on every song 😔.
I have tried to play the same songs on IPhone 12: Fluctuation does not exist.
I have tried to play the same songs on other android devices equipped with previous Android's versions (7,8,9,10): Fluctuation does not exist.
I have tried to play the same songs on a Pixel 5 with Android 11 updated to the latest patch: fluctuation is there like on Zenfone 8😅

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Kleshar Thanks for the additional information, I'll make sure to pass it on. I'll get back to you when I know more. 🙂

Kleshar
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

@Kleshar Thanks for the additional information, I'll make sure to pass it on. I'll get back to you when I know more. 🙂

View post
you are welcome ☺️ hope you'll bring to the programmers' attention also the other issue i have posted on the other thread related to the notifications' sound bursting out at max volume when listening in-ear voice messages on third party apps