This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low volume on incoming calls

vdaam
Star I

Anyone else having the issue of incoming call volume being super low on zenfone 9/Android 14 to the point I can't hear the caller at all (already had this issue on Android 13 tho). When I switch to speakers during the call, I can hear the caller. Changing the volume does not do anything.

Also, when I call someone this problem does not exist. Checked all settings, call volume is all the way up, restarted my phone but didn't change anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

JohnOxygen
Star I

It sounds like you're dealing with a somewhat common issue that can have several causes. Here are some potential solutions to try if the incoming call volume on your Zenfone 9 with Android 14 is too low, but switching to speaker mode alleviates the problem:

1. Check for Software Updates: Ensure your phone is running the latest software version. Sometimes, issues like these are resolved in software updates.

2. Clean the Earpiece: Dust or debris lodged in the earpiece could reduce the volume. Use a small, soft brush or compressed air to gently clean it.

3. Safe Mode: Boot your phone into Safe Mode to check if a third-party app is causing the issue. If the call volume is normal in Safe Mode, then an app is likely the culprit. You can then start removing recently downloaded apps one by one to identify the problematic app.

4. Sound Enhancements: Some phones have sound enhancement settings (like AudioWizard on Zenfones). Check these settings to ensure they are not configured in a way that could be lowering call volume.

5. SIM Card Issue: Although less likely, a problem with your SIM card could cause network-related issues affecting call volume. Try the SIM card in another phone or replace it to rule out this possibility

6. Bluetooth Devices: If you've ever paired your phone with Bluetooth devices, it might still be connecting to them, diverting the audio. Try turning off Bluetooth to see if this resolves the issue.

7. Reset Network Settings: This can help if the issue is related to a network configuration problem. Go to Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth. Note that this will erase all network settings, returning them to factory defaults.

8. Factory Reset: If none of the above solutions work, consider backing up your data and performing a factory reset. This will erase all data and return your phone to its original settings, potentially fixing the issue. However, this should be a last resort.

9. Service Center: If the problem persists despite trying these solutions, there might be a hardware issue with the earpiece speaker. Contact ASUS support or visit a certified service center to have your phone inspected and repaired.

Before trying more drastic measures like a factory reset or taking your phone for repair, it's a good idea to ensure that all your data is backed up.

I hope this helps.

JohnOxygen

www.canadasteroidsonline.com

Hello,

Thank you for you detailed response to this issue.

My wifes Zenfone 9 also has the problem of low volume during phone call.  But, I would be interested to know what would be the effect of doing the Network Reset? Yes, I understand that the bluetooth and wifi credentials would need to be re-entered up connection to those services, but would you know what would happen for the mobile network? Would the phone automatically re-connect to the mobile network?

Many Thanks,

nictu. 

charwhee
Star II

Not sure if this is the same issue but I was listening to a podcast at a particular volume using bluetooth. I then answered an incoming call and while they could hear me, I could not hear them. It took me a few experiments to determine that instead of using the same volume setting as the podcast, the call volume was set to 0 and I had to raise the volume while I was on the call. Infuriating.