This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Updates

martinparker28
Rising Star II
In a now closed thread @Anders_ASUS said, and I quote  "We normally update every other month. If any major security risk has been discovered, then we will do our best to push the next security update as fast as possible"..... my Asus Zenfone 8 is still on 5th April security update and even with my basic maths that's 3 months tomorrow!!!!
22 REPLIES 22

jfgt7j8qgx
Rising Star II
Salvatore

Btw you can't compare Pixel's release schedule to any other brand, it will always be somehow faster because it doesn't need to be "reworked" for the custom roms. And ZenUI has lot of customizations, they just work under the hood and are less "sparkly" than others.

View post
Where is the customizations?
I thought Zenfone 8 is very close to original android.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
jfgt7j8qgx

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176487#Comment_176487

Where is the customizations?

I thought Zenfone 8 is very close to original android.

View post
Zen ui is aesthetically stock but there are a lot of extra additions
Most features are kept in the advanced menu of settings then there's all the custom Asus power mode profiles (high performance,custom,dynamic etc), scheduled charging/slow charging,audiowizard,game genie etc
If you think about it zen ui underneath the stock ui has a lot of stuff that stock android doesn't have (features+extra customisations)
I'd say that's it's selling point "Stock look,no bloat,extra features/customisations"
It's among the rare ui's which allows custom system wide fonts afaik all you need to do is install a individual font or XDA powerfonts and it'll show up in display>font style

Roystoys
Zen Master III
You can discuss, argue this point re Asus and their security patch implementation program until the cows come home, but it is not going to help . Asus are and have always been slow in implementing updates allbeit android updates or security patches. Anyone buying a new Asus phone can find this fact all over the internet, you just need to research the phone before buying it 'caveat emptor'
Personally before spending$1000 aud I like to GOOGLE the hell out of what I'm spending a grand on . Having said that it's hard to complain about slow updates, even though I do from time to time. You either love Asus phones and if so ,cop it sweet, or you hate them then I suggest you sell it on and buy some other brand BUT before buying a different brand do your research!
It's hard to find an android phone that supports both android Auto and Miracast. They are the two factors that will keep me coming back to Asus zenfones