This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCREEN REPLACING MAKES FINGERPRINT SCANNER USELESS

new_user
Star II
hi, i have encountered a problem after replacing a broken screen, using a used one from a donner device, the fingerprint scanner stopped working. initially i didn't see any errors or messages telling me that there is a problem, it just didn't register the fingers. after a couple of tries and one bootloader unlocked, it showed an error. putting it back in the original device made it work again. the difference between the devices is that one is 16/256 and the other is 8/128gb. i was wondering... is it possible that the fingerprint scanner locked to the screen/motherboard? changing cameras worked fine... so, at least i have the right to repair that thing... i called my nearest service center but i was not given a clear answer about a solution, i just understood that i need to send them the phone and wait for up to 45 days to get a diagnosis and a quote for repair. even though the price of a new screen is listed on asus parts website, this service center couldn't tell me the price... does anybody have any advice about what should i do? btw, checkout my xda developers question thread if you haven't seen it already
3 REPLIES 3

Karen_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi @yunis.amir
We have sent a direction message to you, please check. Thank you.

koallawindows10
Rising Star I
Karen_ASUS

Hi @yunis.amir

We have sent a direction message to you, please check. Thank you.

View post
Can you please clear out this waters publicly? So we all could know if we could go to a not official repair center?

Karen_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi koallawindows10 ,
Since we need to confirm the product serial number with user, direct message could protect these private information. The official repair center is certified by ASUS, we will recommend visiting the official repair center. Thank you.