This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor problem during conversation

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
During the conversation, when I hold the phone to my ear, sometimes the screen wakes up and my ear starts up various functions of the phone. This is very common after updating to Android 12, previously it was less. Please solve this problem ASAP. Phone software version: 31.1010.0410.72, APP software version: 2.9.0.27_220324
84 REPLIES 84

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
afsilva

Same issue here. It might indeed be related to notifications waking up the screen.

View post
In this thread and the logs I sent, are all the information need to fix the problem by intelligent people. They haven't fixed it in months, and they ignore problem. I will definitely never buy anything from this pathetic Asus company again.

nicholasgibbs
Star III
Maybe if I turn off wifi and data and make a call that will lower the chances of a notification in order to test this.
I tried installing disabling the preinstalled phone and contacts app and installing Google's, downloading a proximity sensor app and cleaning the phone with no success.
The phone is a lovely piece of hardware. Pity.

nicholasgibbs
Star III
I am playing around with the Apps & Notifications section and I am seeing some promising results. I turned on Notification history and turned off most of the notification permission for the apps. I was just on a long call and it worked.

nicholasgibbs
Star III
Jjarek23

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/233610#Comment_233610

In this thread and the logs I sent, are all the information need to fix the problem by intelligent people. They haven't fixed it in months, and they ignore problem. I will definitely never buy anything from this pathetic Asus company again.

View post
After trying everything - proximity sensor apps, changing phone and contact apps, changing case, playing around with notifications - and nothing working I decided to take out a sim as I use two sims in the phone and so far I have not had any of the issues I did before.
Any chance you also use 2 sims?
The reason I chose this phone was for the dual sim so if indeed it is something to do with having 2 sims that will be hard to swallow but I am glad so far that the proximity problems have gone away.

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
I have one SIM and the fault is, so dual SIM does not matter.