This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pocket ghost touches

vavriska
Star III
I'm getting horrible amount of ghost touches while I have my phone in the pocket. Glove mode is off and pocket mode is on. But the sensitivity of proximity sensor is very poor. It detects objects only a few millimeters away from screen.
Is there something that can be done about it? I have newer had this kind of problems. Coming from Galaxy S21 and LG G8s.
Thank you
38 REPLIES 38

rush09
Star III
Apparently you didn't understand. your button disables the fingerprint completely. I just need it not to turn on automatically, but only after clicking on the blue button and activating the screen.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We've seen your comments and will discuss internally about disabling the fingerprint reader when pocket mode is active. Thanks!

Sandurius
Star I
rush09

Apparently you didn't understand. your button disables the fingerprint completely. I just need it not to turn on automatically, but only after clicking on the blue button and activating the screen.

View post
When you tap on the option highlighted in the screenshot you get to the "unlock device" options, where you can disable the fingerprint reader while the screen is off. It's called "screen off unlock".
Regarding the new firmware, it feels like I get less pocket dials, but it's not entirely solved. Still happens quite frequently when riding my bike. But I also have 'double tap to wake' enabled, maybe this makes it worse. I think double tap to wake should be completely disabled while pocket mode is active.

rush09
Star III
Sandurius, thank you, everything is really like this!
Anders_ASUS, what I was talking about is already available in the functionality, so you should continue to improve the pocket mode without disabling anything. I have an idea, maybe you should link the pocket mode not only to the proximity sensor, but also to the brightness sensor. In the pocket, when the ambient brightness is low, it will not activate the fingerprint scanner.

poke_ike3
Star III
@rush09 yep, a much more reasonable idea.