cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone can't connect to WiFi6 (AX) anymore after update to .314 FW

dron39
Rising Star II

Hi.

I have Zenfone8 and Asus RT-AX68U. I had no problems with my WiFi (WiFi6) until today. Today my phone has been updated to FW WW_33.0210.0210.314 and it can't connect anymore to my WiFi6 network. It constantly trying to connect (at least 10-20 times per second because information changes on display very quickly)) with no luck. There is no problem with connection to same router regular WiFi 2.4Ghz network. I haven't done any updates to the router and haven't changed any settings in it in last few months and yesterday phone had no problem with connection to WiFi6.

Has someone else have same problem with latest FW?

How can it be fixed? Is it possible to roll-back latest FW update?

14 REPLIES 14

Check private messages.

I sent the log and video.

D_IMAN
Rising Star II

@Laura_ASUS  @Falcon_ASUS  @keren_ASUS 

Here is what Keenetic support told me:

Hello.

Judging by the diagnostics, nothing prevents clients from using 802.11ax, but this phone connects to ac.

In order for the client to connect on 802.11ax, it must add 802.11ax High Efficiency (HE) information element to the assoc request when connecting to the access point, this is a necessary condition. The phone driver is responsible for adding this element. We have already encountered similar situations, initially it was on phones of the Xiaomi 11 family. Sometimes, after some manipulations, for example, changing the channel, switching to FT roaming, the phone added a HE element and connected to Wi-Fi 6. Then after disconnecting and new connection again stopped adding this element and used only 802.11ac. The developers have suggested that this depends on the regional settings of the firmware. There are clients where 802.11ax can be blocked due to regional restrictions, Intel ax200/201 is a good example.

A number of devices are known to have such problems, ASUS Zenfone 8 is also on this list. Everything that we managed to find out on this issue is described in this forum thread: https://forum.keenetic.com/topic/15054-%D0%BA%D0%B...

Solutions from the access point are not found at the moment.

keren_ASUS

Hi @dron39 

Can you help us out by providing a log so our team can investigate? You can find the instructions on the first page of the thread. We will also need  your AP firmware version and settings. 

Thank you! 

keren_ASUS

Hi @D_IMAN 

I'm so sorry for the delay in response. Our team investigated the reason for this happening and we figured out that the Zenfone 8 does not support Wi-Fi 6 in your area. We apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused. 

What kind of nonsense?

Other devices support but ASUS Zenfone 8 doesn't?
Moreover, AX works fine for people on other routers!

And even the Keenetic support reported that this is purely a phone driver problem.

And after some manipulations, such as changing the channel, or switching to FT roaming, the phone added a HE element and connected to Wi-Fi 6.

Fix this problem!