This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual brightness act like auto.

Vasile_Corneliu
Rising Star II
Same story, I'm on manual brightness, now on 100%, 90Hz refresh rate and tilting, watching phone, scrolling Web on different angles dim my brightness auto. Yeah, now I use screenrec and did it 4 times already. I'll link video.
11 REPLIES 11

Vasile_Corneliu
Rising Star II
Hi. I noticed my display dim the brightness a bit when I set it up to maximum when I change the viewing angle. Latest firmware, manual setup, auto, 90 - 120 Hz, doesn't matter. Anyone? What's the point of lowering brightness if I set it up on max on manual?

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
The device isnt changing brightness if you are turning your head or tilting the device. Off-axis brightness will not be the same as straight ahead.
The maximum brightness will also be achieved in Auto, under HBM scenarios (bright sunlight).

There's nothing wrong at all with the description so far, from what I can tell.

Vasile_Corneliu
Rising Star II
I'll read and watch something in sunlight for example on a 90 degree with smart screen on and brightness set to 100% on maximum. Then maybe I switch head to look something different and lower some 10-15 degree the phone which decrease after some seconds my brightness. Its like preparing for stand by... If I watch again the screen on 90 degree the brightness comes back to 100%. I set up the turn off screen on 1 min. So... Can Zenfone maintain 100% brightness for a bit longer than some seconds when not looking at the phone?

Vasile_Corneliu
Rising Star II
I don't think it's a bug, but seems Zenfone doesn't consider maximum brightness neccesary when someone isn't looking at the phone for saving battery. For me instead manual is manual and should ABSOLUTELY override AUTO mode. 😁