This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain - OTHER APPs

vladovegh
Star I
Hello, the battery on my phone is draining quite fast even through the night when in ULTRA saving mode. The battery manager says, that the most of the battery is drained through OTHER ("Jiné" in czech). What are these apps and how to disable them?
screenshot-20220531-054516121.jpg
screenshot-20220531-054502897.jpg

19 REPLIES 19

JimmySeee
Star II
Hi
I'm having the same problem, I charged to 100% and left it in airplane mode overnight. 10 hours later and it was down to 62% and 'Other' was 28% of total usage. Annoyingly I didn't screenshot with the 'Other' section included but you can see there is nothing obvious using all the battery.

What could be included in other that is using so much battery and why doesn't it show up in the list?
screenshot-20220728-070214166.jpg

Ronzky321
Star III
"Others" doesn't even show up in my battery stats. Do you happen to use screen-off gestures (double-tap wake up)? Or any setting that uses the screen during standby? That might be the culprit. I used to have poor standby using that as well as "lift to wake."

JimmySeee
Star II
Ronzky321

"Others" doesn't even show up in my battery stats. Do you happen to use screen-off gestures (double-tap wake up)? Or any setting that uses the screen during standby? That might be the culprit. I used to have poor standby using that as well as "lift to wake."

View post
Nope, I don't have any of the Gestures turned on and I don't use any of settings which use the screen during standby.
For me 'Others' is always the biggest usage of my battery but I can't see what it is to fix the problem.
screenshot-20220729-085652643.jpg

Ronzky321
Star III
So I did some testing. After charging my device to 90%, I did some 2.5 hrs of pure gaming to drain the battery. I ended with 8% battery.
The battery usage showed:
16% usage for the game,
11% for Screen,
4% Android System,
<2% Launcher, UI, Google Services, and
47% for OTHERS.
From this, we can assume OTHERS is the power usage of the device (CPU and GPU) which doesn't account for the app (game) itself. Naturally, the game should take most of the battery usage.

JimmySeee
Star II
Ronzky321

So I did some testing. After charging my device to 90%, I did some 2.5 hrs of pure gaming to drain the battery. I ended with 8% battery.

The battery usage showed:

16% usage for the game,

11% for Screen,

4% Android System,

<2% Launcher, UI, Google Services, and

47% for OTHERS.

From this, we can assume OTHERS is the power usage of the device (CPU and GPU) which doesn't account for the app (game) itself. Naturally, the game should take most of the battery usage.

View post
Yes that seems like what's happening but is a very odd design choice.

I have done a factory reset on my device and retested the airplane mode overnight and it seems to have fixed my battery drain issue. Hopefully it stays like this for a little while.
screenshot-20220801-063935236.jpg