Ivant
Star I

Hey, guys!

1. Zenfone 8

2. BTMF.HSP.1.0.0-00896-QCAHSPROMZ-1.441976.1

3. Not rooted

4. All the time

5. Bluetooth

I am not sure if this happened after the last OTA update or when I upgraded to A13, but now I cannot interact with my OBD2 reader.

It shows up in the list of devices, asks for password, but will not pair. I tried 2 other readers, but still the same. I also tried a Galaxy Note 10 running A13 and an old Samsung J and they worked fine.

Since then I did a factory reset, changed a bunch of Bluetooth settings in the developers options, un-pair everything, still nothing.

4 REPLIES 4

Vasile_Corneliu
Rising Star II

I'll try with mine also and I'll provide feedback. Was fine with A22, but now I font know. I'll let you know. 

InteRadek
Rising Star I

Hi @Ivant, your observations are correct, this happened after update to Android 13. Nobody is able to use heart rate monitors and OBD2 interfaces with Zenfone 8 after A13 update. This was already reported several times by a lot of people, but there seems to be little interest in Asus Support. You can read more about it in the below threads.

Bluetooth issues with Android 13 update 

Upgrading to Android 13, broke some bluetooth apps, any solution? 

Bluetooth With Polar H10 

If you happen to have your phone under warranty, you can try to claim it under warranty. Perhaps this will draw the attention of Asus Support to the problem.

Well, that's a bummer, but thank you for the reply. I still have warranty, but this would be the second time I would have to use it and I don't know if the shipping cost is worth it. I'll probably wait for an update, but if it doesn't happen, I'll send it to Asus before I ran out of warranty. Thank you again.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.