This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Unlock tool not working for Zenfone 7

Peter111
Star II

After downloading official Unlock tool from ASUS Website amd attempting to unlock my ZenFone 7 device. I keep getting error: Failed to unlock your device. Please try again later [24802]

Can admins clarify if it is temporary issue with unlock server or unlocking has been disabled permanently?
@CH_ASUS
@Jiaszzz_ASUS

56 REPLIES 56

Hi everyone!

A reply from asus support on 24/05/23:

We apologize for the delay and are grateful for the opportunity to continue to assist you. I hope this will not be a long-term lasting impression as I am sure you have chosen ASUS as a trusted brand for excellence.

The team advised that there is no exact time as to when this will resolve. I am going to have this matter escalated to get some more detailed information for you. Please allow me 24 to 48 business hours.

Cheers mates!

Thank you so much for contacting them and updating us here,ill wait for your reply too and I also contacted them a few days ago but they didnt told me anything,the support in my country is garbage for most companies. Thank you bro

Hi,

Message received from Asus support on 25/05/23:

I am following up with you regarding your issue inquiry about the unlock tool. The Unlock app service is currently under maintenance, and the service will be suspended during the maintenance period. (May take about 2 – 3 weeks) We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I assume the delay starts from now...

Cheers mates!

Hey bro!

Message received on 31/05/23:

"I am following up with you regarding your inquiry to provide the AVB key and when the unlock tool will be available. Unfortunately, the server maintenance is still ongoing and we will post a public notice when it's ready.

Since it's related to the warranty coverage of the unit, it will need the server in order to process the request."

I ended up buying an old phone and install eOS on it see you!

devries
Star II

This is really a shame, indeed an ETA would be a normal thing to give. Or just say it when you will not enable it again, like LG suddenly did 2 years ago?

I just bought it on May 1 when this issue did not exist, but I will absolutely not use it without unlock and Custom ROM. I am afraid I will need to sell it again if the fix will not come very soon, and then no more Asus for me.