This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 6 on AT&T in US - Anyone getting LTE?

I have recently started using the Zenfone 6 (Version C). I purchased it as it was advertised as a working US model and I read that it would be fully compatible with AT&T on LTE.
I really like this phone but I am experiencing few problems.
I do not seem to get LTE anywhere, but rather only H+ signal everywhere. Also I do not receive all text messages. I will randomly get only about half of my sms messages. All mms messages work fine. Lastly, visual voicemail cannot be set up. I've read that volte or wifi calling also do not work but I am less concerned about this.
I have contacted AT&T many times about this to no avail.
Has anyone else experienced this or has anyone been able to resolve these issues?
What has been your experience using the zenfone 6 on AT&T in the US?
A phone should not be advertised as a US model for LTE GSM networks if it isn't compatible with the largest one...
26 REPLIES 26

david_grundmann
Star II
OP: I currently have ATT with the zenfone 6 I got about a week ago. When I had the 5z (sadly lost it due to some HW bug?) I had this exact problem where it refused to get out of H+. My ancient ATT branded S5 was getting LTE just fine but not the 5Z. After a few days 4G+ was showing. I did tweak around the APN which may have kicked it after multiple SIM eject/inserts to the S5 for verification. For the zenfone 6 I did nothing except insert SIM and it was provisioned correctly from the start. Did you register the IMEI with ATT? Maybe that's something they need to do to activate something special?
I do still drop down to H+ during a phone call but still have very reasonable connectivity for being on the phone.

Soltan
Star II
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/33549#Comment_33549

Since you have three separate issues and haven't factory reset since upgrading to 10, please try that.

After the reset, I am fairly sure you will still have the mute during a call issue (we are fixing this in a future FOTA). But if you see the missing SMS messages, calls going straight to v/m, or sound coming out of both speakers problems come back up I'd like to log your phone at that point.

I'm sorry to hear that you have so many strange issues going on. I'll send you the log tool if things don't improve after the reset.

View post
Unfortunately I'm getting the same bugs, some calls go to the v/m, delayed/missed text messages, and whenever someone calls me, the sound is coming out of both speakers. I had no missed calls/messages issues when I switched to 2g/3g only.
The mute glitch is gone thought. Anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays!

Soltan
Star II
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/33549#Comment_33549

Since you have three separate issues and haven't factory reset since upgrading to 10, please try that.

After the reset, I am fairly sure you will still have the mute during a call issue (we are fixing this in a future FOTA). But if you see the missing SMS messages, calls going straight to v/m, or sound coming out of both speakers problems come back up I'd like to log your phone at that point.

I'm sorry to hear that you have so many strange issues going on. I'll send you the log tool if things don't improve after the reset.

View post
Can you please send me the log, same issues, mute bug is gone though.

mandril23
Star I
I have a problem I only grab h + when colo 4g does not connect I am in Venezuela the band of my operator is band 3 1800mhz

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Soltan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/33550#Comment_33550

Can you please send me the log, same issues, mute bug is gone though.

View post
Sorry I missed this. I'll PM you.