This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today i took some shots at night and i confirm. The result is a disaster now in Android 10

doublem101
Star III
I've been reading all the posts about the bad photo quality on Android 10 but honestly i didn't had the chance to test it in detail before.
However today, i had a spare time and it only took a couple minutes to see what everyone are talking about.
I already had taken some indoor photos and i noticed the high noise in darker areas but i went outside and i couldn't believe on what i was looking at. Slightly blured photos (like a shaken photo) and no detail at all, it looked like a watercolour painting. On some photos, darker areas were pinkish, something that i complained before in Pro mode on long exposures but never noticed it in any other mode.
However, i don't know if it's related or not but the few Gcam versions that works, aren't much better neither. Still a little better than stock app but really really worse than before. I'm not sure if they aren't already optimized or somehow related with the stock app bad quality. I don't know how Gcam works but what if the main issue isn't the stock APP itself but something behind it that makes Gcam works so bad also?
Sorry Asus, but i can't accept this quality from €500 device. One of the things that made me buy this phone was his night photo quality and now it takes worse photos than my old device?
I know you are looking at the problem already but i become frightened when i read that the differences you found aren't considerable. They are. If you didn't tested yet at night, outside, please do it. Theres were i found the major differences, not indoor.
I don't a have photo took in Android 9 under the same circunstances in this same places but please look at this photo. This isn't acceptable at all.
QUJHAN31QHLI.jpg

70 REPLIES 70

Jeb
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/32749#Comment_32749

There's no major difference. The way you describe it makes me think something is wrong with your device. Do you have any photo that you took with A9 that you could maybe try to replicate with the current fw? Please make sure to test both with and without HDR+. We know HDR++ is different so no need to test that mode.

View post
How could something be wrong with his or her device? Is there something wrong with *all* our devices, then?
And to say there's "no major difference" is an understatement. Yes, maybe the *thumbnail* photos look decent, but if you actually open up the photos and view the full version in full detail, you'll clearly see the differences.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Jeb

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/32760#Comment_32760

How could something be wrong with his or her device? Is there something wrong with *all* our devices, then?

And to say there's "no major difference" is an understatement. Yes, maybe the *thumbnail* photos look decent, but if you actually open up the photos and view the full version in full detail, you'll clearly see the differences.

View post
The focus so far has been on low light right?
@off2fly115 specifically mentioned daylight - of which we also dont observe any major differences except as Anders mentioned in the HDR++ mode where some changes have been made - so the immediate answer from our side would of course be to ask if there are any photos that can be "recreated" under A10 vs existing photos under a recent A9 build.

Examples would be helpful - yes, we can post our own comparisons too , that is not a problem which was the request from Branden.

What we are discussing here should be the differences between P and Q. And not "consistency" issues within each set for firmware - as there can of course be instances where photos do not turn out well - no matter which firmware - as every scene (even if seemingly similar) arent treated exactly the same by the camera software.

_jis_
Zen Master III

Jeb

So, has anyone tried resetting the camera app completely through the system settings?

I just did this and I'm seeing *some* improvements to low-light scenarios.

78KVA34T4LPI.jpg

View post
Did you mean Restore default settings in Camera app Settings or Clear Storage to Camera app?
This photo is beautiful and much more detailed 🙂

Jeb
Rising Star II
_jis_

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/32759#Comment_32759

Did you mean Restore default settings in Camera app Settings or Clear Storage to Camera app?

This photo is beautiful and much more detailed 🙂

View post
Yes. ??

_jis_
Zen Master III
Ance again @Jeb :
Did you mean Restore default settings in Camera app Settings OR Clear Storage to Camera app?