This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single tap to turn on screen request

cornelis
Star III
I love the Z6 and ZenUi. But I find the "double tap to turn on the screen" quite inconsistent. It usually takes a few tries before the screen actually turns on. And that could be my fault, that I'm not tapping fast enough or the taps are too far away from each other. Therefore I would like to see a new option in ZenUi where you could just tap the screen once and it turns on, kind of like an iPhone or a OnePlus device. Please respond to make me know if it's possible, thanks! And again, love this phone!
19 REPLIES 19

cornelis
Star III
So even if it's optional for users and easy to implement, devs shouldn't even consider it? Okey...

Rustylord
Rising Star II
If its optional and less users use it, they would consider it as a bloatware. And that's why zenui is being appreciated after zenui 5 or 4.

cornelis
Star III
? A single tap on the screen feature would be considered bloatware? That's not my idea of bloatware...

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
cornelis

I always press in the center of screen. But consistency is not my request. It's to have a single tap option. Will you at least consider the request? Thanks for reply though.

View post
cornelis

I see everyone's point but all I'm asking for is a simplex feature as an option because that's what I would prefer. If other people prefer other things that's fine, but I just don't. Like I said before, this is probably pretty easy to implement as an option (not as a replacement) so that users can try around for themselves what unlock method they prefer. (I don't think my digitizer is defective, thanks for the feedback though).

View post
nishaanth5000

I guess when few suggest for a feature the mods wouldn't consider it to add. Cuz there are many other important stuff they have to deal with.

Previously i have asked for fingerprint gesture with some add-ons, as i got a lot of support in a positive way, the mod accepted it to deliver that message to devs. So u need a lot of support for ur query.

View post

We listen to all your feedback. No matter if it is big or small. Yes sometimes we miss some of them but generally we catch most.

Now, the tricky part, I can tell you all right now that it is not possible for us to add every single request. I think for obvious reasons.
Secondly, ZenUI is different things to different users;
Some want scaled back, some want very feature rich.
Some want Stock look & concept , some want heavy theming.

The easiest answer , as also many suggest, is to "just give choice. Give everything and let us choose".
Yes, that would be great - but it also loses direction - and takes a neverending amount of time to implement.

We understand ZenUI is not everything for everyone - and I am not sure we will ever reach such a point. With ZenUI 6 we took a great step towards cleaning it up - removing features very few users were using, aligning a lot of the logic with Google Android, the look & feel and so on.
A big portion of users appreciate this. And we also have a those who miss some parts of ZenUI 5 - like heavy theming/skinning abilities.

Additionally, many of you have suggested a lot of features, honestly - some good and some very niche (but I dont discount that it makes sense for any specific person).

A single tap to take the screen, while requested here, is not something we will recommend our devs to focus on. There are several reasons;
It would have very low usage (yes this is a qualified guess, as we cannot 100% know).
This function can easily be triggered un-intendedly. Especially with Glove Touch enabled for those cold countries. (Easy to trigger the screen in the pocket and what not).
The functionality exists with the power-key already. Yes it's not the same, but it's not that far different either.
Every feature takes time, long or small, not just in implementation but especially also in the testing - to make sure no side-effects are happening. You can see from the pleny of fringe bugs - Android itself is far from perfect and debugging takes time.

Some features we will push more for, some we will push less for - and it is also in-line with what "Asus wants ZenUI" to be - and really being more mindful of how many features we add in.

Thanks!

cornelis
Star III
I understand, thanks for your time.