This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor .153

samvelkoch
Star III
Is there possibility to exclude proximity sensor from the camera management? Camera can not be rotated to selfie mode because of proximity sensor error which occurs since .153 update.
*Cam module could be rotated by volume buttons
35 REPLIES 35

samvelkoch
Star III
My problem that camera can't be rotated fast via "switch to front camera" icon in ANY application (I suppose that happens because of proximity sensor error) but it possible to rotate it slowly with volume buttons or navigation bar.
I wonder
1. to got "switch to front camera" option assigned to smartkey
OR
2. to have possibility in settings to switch off proximity sensor check before switching camera to front mode
Obviously that I have working camera but I can not use it normally because of proximity sensor error.

samvelkoch
Star III
The camera rotation does NOT works when I click "switch to front camera" icon
- in the camera application ASUS
- at Gcam
- in Telegram, Viber, WhatsApp, Instagram

Rotation WORKS fine if the camera moves slowly:
- when shooting in panorama mode in the Asus camera app
- when I press the volume keys in the Asus camera app
- in any third-party application via navigation bar option

photo-2020-05-28-20-09-18.jpeg
photo-2020-05-28-20-09-22.jpeg
photo-2020-05-28-20-09-35.jpeg
photo-2020-05-28-20-12-01.jpeg
photo-2020-05-28-20-11-07.jpeg
photo-2020-05-28-20-09-56.jpeg
photo-2020-05-28-20-09-53.jpeg
photo-2020-05-28-20-09-43.jpeg
During the phone’s self-test, the proximity sensor test is “not passed”, and the light sensor test “passed”
PS: at the level of guesswork - problems started after installing .153 firmware. But perhaps this is just a coincidence.

samvelkoch
Star III
Sensor doesn't work properly on the calls either 😞

italo98av
Star II
samvelkoch

Is there possibility to exclude proximity sensor from the camera management? Camera can not be rotated to selfie mode because of proximity sensor error which occurs since .153 update.

*Cam module could be rotated by volume buttons

Proximity sensor .153
samvelkoch

Sensor doesn't work properly on the calls either 😞

View post
Hello all!
I've got these problems too and I think that's a SW bug cause I've noticed that after the last SW update.
There's another issue relating the Pocket Mode (it use the proximity sensor) causing the screen deactivation when it's touched after unlocking
So I think that everything who use the proximity sensor will have problems until the next SW update (I hope that will be released soon)

samvelkoch
Star III
Yeah. I hope it will be fixed in next updates. I will wait for it as well. Today after several reboot proximity sensor started work properly for half a day. Now I got flip error again. And thos Pocket Mode screen as well.
screenshot-20200529-071144568.jpg