This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone audio from wrong speaker

guntherguerra
Star III
Whenever I recieve a phone call the callers audio comes out from the bottom speaker. I need to toggle speaker ON/OFF for it to come out the correct speaker.

I just upgraded to Android 10. 8/256gb US model

I have done basic troubleshooting. Power cycle, safe mode, clear cache on phone app. Etc

Any other suggestions?
69 REPLIES 69

guntherguerra
Star III
Indeed I am on Tmo
I also have a mexican sim on 2nd tray. Calls there have same issue ( but its piggybacking off tmo anyway)

Whatsapp calls dont cause the issue though

_jis_
Zen Master III
guntherguerra

I just got the FOTA update automatically. I think just the differential update Rebooted phone, I will try to clear cache and all that to see if that solves it.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/39441#Comment_39441

View post
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/34406/#Comment_34406

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just thought I'd add I am also experiencing the same issue even after the .119 update with mine. I actually did a complete erase and then reinstalled Android and the problem persists. I am using Ultra Mobile (an MVNO of T-Mobile) in USA.

murleenair
Star I
Issue is the same. I have my phone updated to QP1A.190711.005.WW_Phone-17.1810.2001.119 and the Android Security Patch Level 5th January 2020.

Since the last FOTA update, my Asus Zenfone 6 is behaving like this. When you answer the call, it first starts the Loudspeaker and I need to toggle the Speaker button to bring it back on earpiece. I have checked this from multiple incoming calls. I am on Vodafone network(India). 

Is there any solution to this problem yet. Or if it is going to get fixed in the next update then I have to do this annoying toggle till then. 

Need Help!!!!!

Regards,
MurLee Nair

niceded
Star II
murleenair

Issue is the same. I have my phone updated to QP1A.190711.005.WW_Phone-17.1810.2001.119 and the Android Security Patch Level 5th January 2020.

Since the last FOTA update, my Asus Zenfone 6 is behaving like this. When you answer the call, it first starts the Loudspeaker and I need to toggle the Speaker button to bring it back on earpiece. I have checked this from multiple incoming calls. I am on Vodafone network(India). 

Is there any solution to this problem yet. Or if it is going to get fixed in the next update then I have to do this annoying toggle till then. 

Need Help!!!!!

Regards,

MurLee Nair

View post
I have the same issue after I updated to Android 10. Also T-Mobile user.
Asus, please help.