This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware version on Indian Handsets.

GamerArc
Rising Star II
I came to know though the forum that a new update is out ending in version No .189. Since I had not received the FOTA I decided to manually flash the official firmware.

I went to the release notes section to download the zip of the latest firmware and noticed that firmwares are seggregated by regions.
However it seems my device is not running IN version but the WW version. I have attached the screenshots below.

Can anyone confirm that which one is the official firmware for Indian devices??
a4p343ivauwg.png
hpznxlrwtzec.jpg
27 REPLIES 27

Alpha2303
Star III
I'm not a mod here but hear me out.  This region based firmware is a concept used by Samsung as well. It helps developers keep the firmware according to region regulations as per my knowledge (please feel free to correct me). Its like how Xiaomi has separate firmware for their phones inside and out of China. So please make sure that the region code on your existing firmware and update file is the same else it will result in your phone entering a bricked state. If your phone has WW, which is globally neutral, then use only WW update and not any other region code like IN. There is practically no difference in performance or features whatsoever. 

GamerArc
Rising Star II
you guys are missing the point. everybody here knows that we should flash the same version which we are running. the question here is what is the IN firmware meant for.  There must be some reason for it. This is what needs clarification. I think most people knows how to flash but they want to know the target country for the IN firmware.

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
you guys are missing the point. everybody here knows that we should flash the same version which we are running. the question here is what is the IN firmware meant for.  There must be some reason for it. This is what needs clarification. I think most people knows how to flash but they want to know the target country for the IN firmware.
I can confirm for you that IN is India. Now what's the reason for it is for the mods to answer, as most Indian phones are on WW image. I can also confirm that there is no difference between the two images so there's no reason for you to worry about it. Though the reason of it's existance is something I have the curiosity to know @Anders_ASUS

GamerArc
Rising Star II
I can confirm for you that IN is India. Now what's the reason for it is for the mods to answer, as most Indian phones are on WW image. I can also confirm that there is no difference between the two images so there's no reason for you to worry about it. Though the reason of it's existance is something I have the curiosity to know @Anders_ASUS
@Anders_ASUS Brother...can you give some insight...

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
I am being told we are rolling out the next FOTA for Indian users with ending .191 from today.