This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bright photos and Battery life

coderedcomputin
Star II
Using Gallery all my photos appear normal.  When looking at the same photos in Google Photos the picture appears normal for a second then brightness increases dramatically and washes out the photo.  Any settings that I need to change or is this a soon to be addressed software glitch?

Phone has been used for 1 week now.  AccuBattery is showing it is only at 91% estimated health with only 4571mAh available.  So, is this actually a 5000mAh battery here or ?  
11 REPLIES 11

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
A guide can be found here https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1040572.

Settings > System > About phone > Software information

In that case it's probably current but always good to check.

coderedcomputin
Star II
LP_ASUS said:
A guide can be found here https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1040572.

Settings > System > About phone > Software information

In that case it's probably current but always good to check.
Ok, trying to correlate the newest firmware (.174) to what I see on that settings page.  Based off your previous, I switched off Splendid and the issue is resolved.  Do you think this may be resolved in a future FW update?  The Splendid color gamut is nice to use.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
As far as I am aware, this specific issue is related to Google Photos and they are aware of it. So the fix would be from their end, with no ETA that I can provide. A FW update may fix it on our end but I haven't heard anything related to this issue. 

vinayakd063
Star III
Even the screen is not that bright also needs to use more than 80% of brightness in indoor condition and direct sunlight only at to 100% brightness we can see something

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Even the screen is not that bright also needs to use more than 80% of brightness in indoor condition and direct sunlight only at to 100% brightness we can see something

That's because many smartphones have small difference between 70% and 100%. Zenfone6 has more 'linear' scale. The screen is just slightly dimmer than S6 so that's okay for me because I can keep that 100% without worrying about fast burn-in.