dushvader
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: 2.8 GHz 6GB Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: WW_17.1810.2009.176
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Any Audio
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
When i connect headphones i hear a static noise that doesn't stop until the audio playback is stopped. When there isn't any audio playback, there is no static noise. Inorder to narrow down the source of this issue, i first checked the headphone on different devices (iphone SE Gen1, Pixel 1, Moto X2, Macbook Pro & a PC) The playback was fine without any noise.
Next i inserted the headphone halfway in Zenfone 6, the icon on the menubar changed to headphone with mic. Although this headphone doesn't have a mic. Now the playback was fine without any static noise.
screenshot-20201018-225241808.jpg

Removed the headphone and inserted again, this time completely in. The icon on the menu bar changed to normal headphone (without mic) and the static noise started with the audio playback. The noise volume changes if i move the headphone pin during playback.
Request the support team to please check this issue.
4 REPLIES 4

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi there, Try using a different headphone, it can be a compatibility issue, though all headphones should work if it has 3.5mm support. 
we'd request you follow the below steps:
1. Clear system cache.
2. Try the same under safe mode:
Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode
3. If still you face the issue
factory reset your phone after taking a full backup : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/

That is weird, it has never happened to me..

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Check if your headphone input has no dirt of any kind. This is a common issue with jack female connectors.

dushvader
Star III
ColorSage

Check if your headphone input has no dirt of any kind. This is a common issue with jack female connectors.

View post
Oh, will check this.