This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus , you did it...? Need a device replacement

spmsenthilkumar
Star III
As going through most of complaints regarding bootloop restart issue, I felt relaxed as mine not affected until the moment I typed this comment.
Today as expected unfortunately my device, lost network signal suddenly on a call. Then I waited for sometime to receive the signal back. But, to my surprise device restarted multiple times and stuck in a bootloop and restart again.
Hard reset and wipe out data and reset, couldn't heal anything. You can count on me as affected user ( not few but many).
No other option other than to dismantle my device by service centre.
By chance, why you guys from Asus, known about this issue which was induced by internal factor like motherboard issue, why don't you provide replacement at FOC instead of changing motherboard. Because most of times, new motherboard and existing hardware not suited and again it will create additional problems.
As the device behaving like this, I couldn't take any screen shot or serial number or version number. But it was in latest update.
Need a device replacement.

8 REPLIES 8

spmsenthilkumar
Star III

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
@spmsenthilkumar I'm sorry to hear about your device. I know it feels like this happens to everybody when you read all the comments while being affected yourself. But like MisterSavage said, there are thousands of satisfied customers and our bosses have seen that the issue isn't on a scale where it's needed to call back every device. There's not much I can do as a forum mod.
What I can do is to give you similar instructions as kinguntas23 but without all the steps. Basically, all you need to do is to go to the service center with all arguments prepared. 1. You have already tried a Hard reset 2. This is a know issue 3. They are supposed to know about this issue. If not, then you can ask for their manager. If that person also for some reason don't know about this issue. Then you can tell me which service center you visited and I will make sure top management gives them a warning.
We've told our service partner to make sure that all their Service Centers know how to test these devices but there are about 200 centers and then there are several service agents in each center.
I hope your device will get a relatively swift repair. We are aware that not all Service Centers always have the necessary spare parts at hand. This is something we're struggling with to improve, but if they do have everything needed, then it shouldn't take more than a couple of days to repair and test your device to make sure everything is working.

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
This vicious cycle of phone repair started on 19th of August for me. Finally, I received an Email from Maitrox (It's the official Asus service center contractors in India, specifying for over smart people who think everyone else is stupid) that a motherboard has been sent to my closest service center along with other parts after my device reached there last week. 2 months and now I'm starting to see some hope. @Anders_ASUS, I hope you convince the concerned people that you need to review your post sale service structure in India. How is it feasible for a person to spend 2 months getting their phone repaired?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
kinguntas23

This vicious cycle of phone repair started on 19th of August for me. Finally, I received an Email from Maitrox (It's the official Asus service center contractors in India, specifying for over smart people who think everyone else is stupid) that a motherboard has been sent to my closest service center along with other parts after my device reached there last week. 2 months and now I'm starting to see some hope. @Anders_ASUS, I hope you convince the concerned people that you need to review your post sale service structure in India. How is it feasible for a person to spend 2 months getting their phone repaired?

View post
It's not. I'm sorry that it took so long and we are of course looking into how to improve this with the resources we have. There's no quick fix but we will improve with time.