This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 11 Update bug report

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Hello everyone I have installed this update and while the build seems solid, there are some minor issues:
1. Clicking/swiping down to show the notification tray from top left side of the screen enters manage notifications manu instead of showing them. Probably a hidden button.
2. DSU Loader from developer settings seems gone.
3. There are untranslated strings in Polish language. Quick example is copy&paste menu. They're still in English.
4. Is there a way to disable this paralax effect on home screen? I quite dislike it.
5. The keyboard sometimes overlays conversations bubbles.
EDIT:
6. Dismissable notifiactions are not automatically dismissed when i've clicked on them. I still have to do that manually.
I've had a clean install.
15 REPLIES 15

Kris_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager
Kolorowezworki

I still have problem with cutted clock on notification panel. It's present only 2hen there is no notifications. After restart, when it's empty, it's shows "no notifications" message, but after couple hours of use, text dissappearing and clock is cutted.

screenshot-20201230-091719488.jpg

View post
We will fix this issue in next update.

Nikhilaggarwall
Rising Star I
Kris_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/144296#Comment_144296

We will fix this issue in next update.

View post
Can you help me with the updates? I didn't recieved any update yet

daringdil
Star I
Hi,
I have updated 6z to Android 11 and noticed that when opening videos under Download section in Netflix is restating the phone

aubry_pierre45
Star III
I have a bug when automatic call recording is enabled. I made so that it doesn't record for all numbers and also not unknown numbers, yet when I dial my voice mail, it seems to record no matter what. What is even more strange is that if I set it to not record calls from unknown numbers, it says I'm calling a private number whereas when I set it to do it, it aknowledges I'm calling my voice mail.
So I may be missing something obvious but it sounds unlikely, because rebooting the phone seems to fix the auto-recording issue temporarily. I have only one contact for which auto-recording is set, and I have yet to know if it works properly, because I didn't talk to her since the update.
Also another problem I have as a Talkback user which I didn't discover when I created my other thread: In the clock app, switching an alarm on or off will do nothing when Talkback is enabled. It will say yes or know, but won't take effect and there will be nothing in the statuce bar. So in order to activate an alarm I already created I have to disable Talkback.
Note that I didn't factory reset yet, but I would like to know at least if someone is encountering the first bug I mentionned about automatic call recording and voie mail, if someone is interested in testing that.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Sorry about the late reply. I want to start by telling you all that even if I really do appreciate your help in gathering a lot of issues, I would prefer if you could do so in separate threads. I have a lot of work at the moment which is why I prioritize replying smaller threads. Threads like this are much harder to follow up on so please write max 3 issues per thread.
ColorSage

Hello everyone I have installed this update and while the build seems solid, there are some minor issues:

1. Clicking/swiping down to show the notification tray from top left side of the screen enters manage notifications manu instead of showing them. Probably a hidden button.

2. DSU Loader from developer settings seems gone.

3. There are untranslated strings in Polish language. Quick example is copy&paste menu. They're still in English.

4. Is there a way to disable this paralax effect on home screen? I quite dislike it.

5. The keyboard sometimes overlays conversations bubbles.

EDIT:

6. Dismissable notifiactions are not automatically dismissed when i've clicked on them. I still have to do that manually.

I've had a clean install.

Android 11 Update bug report
ok, here goes
"Clicking/swiping down to show the notification tray...Probably a hidden button." Answer: I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean. Can you please show with a video?
DSU Loader from developer settings seems gone. Answer: It's not required to be there. We don't have it in any model
untranslated strings in Polish language. Answer: Please send me a PM with screenshots, write down the text that is wrong and what it should be.
a way to disable this parallax effect on home screen Answer: what parallax effect? Do you mean when going from lock screen to home screen?
The keyboard sometimes overlays conversations bubbles. Answer: Are you using stock keyboard?
Dismissible notifications are not automatically dismissed when I've clicked on them... Answer: I need to see a video
Gloves mode doesn't work. There is no touch sensitivity gain. Answer: Indeed, I will report this. Thanks!
daringdil

Hi,

I have updated 6z to Android 11 and noticed that when opening videos under Download section in Netflix is restating the phone

View post
opening videos under Download section in Netflix is restating the phone. Answer: Please reinstall netflix
aubry.pierre45

I have a bug when automatic call recording is enabled. I made so that it doesn't record for all numbers and also not unknown numbers, yet when I dial my voice mail, it seems to record no matter what. What is even more strange is that if I set it to not record calls from unknown numbers, it says I'm calling a private number whereas when I set it to do it, it aknowledges I'm calling my voice mail.

So I may be missing something obvious but it sounds unlikely, because rebooting the phone seems to fix the auto-recording issue temporarily. I have only one contact for which auto-recording is set, and I have yet to know if it works properly, because I didn't talk to her since the update.

Also another problem I have as a Talkback user which I didn't discover when I created my other thread: In the clock app, switching an alarm on or off will do nothing when Talkback is enabled. It will say yes or know, but won't take effect and there will be nothing in the statuce bar. So in order to activate an alarm I already created I have to disable Talkback.

Note that I didn't factory reset yet, but I would like to know at least if someone is encountering the first bug I mentionned about automatic call recording and voie mail, if someone is interested in testing that.

View post
aubry.pierre45

View post
Have you added your voice mail as a contact? I didn't have any problem activating an alarm with talkback active.