Benjamin_Bernha
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: .137
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: All day
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've been experiencing huge battery drain as of late. Really by doing nothing unusual at all.
I even factory reset my phone but it seems to have done nothing. Checked for apps and settings to cause this but nothing seems to help.
Can't figure this out myself. This happened to anyone else?
screenshot-20210518-142302606.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
heyoka

Sometimes (I'd say 1/10 charge) mine is charging very slowly or refuses to charge (it even discharges when on charge!) (Charging logo on)

I try many times to unplug replug but still the same

No problem if I charge when phone is powered off

View post
Wait for next FOTA and see if this issue gets fixed. Ifnot than please take your device to nearest service centre for furthur checkups. This looks like hardware issue to me.

Benjamin_Bernha
Rising Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167817#Comment_167817

Wait for next FOTA and see if this issue gets fixed. Ifnot than please take your device to nearest service centre for furthur checkups. This looks like hardware issue to me.

View post
Isn't it strange tho how long we've gone without an update?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Benjamin Bernhardsson

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167835#Comment_167835

Isn't it strange tho how long we've gone without an update?

View post
It is undertandable that now Zenfone 6 is almost a 2 year old model and so journey from here for Zenfone 6 will be bi-monthly updates. Also i want to pin you up ASUS has really small number of developers team comparing other huge brands & that Due to there latest releases of Zenfone 8/8 flip , ROG 5 whole team was buzy working for there latest releases (this is always the case for every new launching for ASUS smartphone). but what i can assure you is old models will see updates pretty soon from here now. So dont worry it is coming.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Benjamin Bernhardsson

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 6
  2. Firmware Version: .137
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All day
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I've been experiencing huge battery drain as of late. Really by doing nothing unusual at all.

I even factory reset my phone but it seems to have done nothing. Checked for apps and settings to cause this but nothing seems to help.

Can't figure this out myself. This happened to anyone else?

screenshot-20210518-142302606.jpg

Abnormal battery drain
Not sure if this screenshot proves any battery drain. It really depends if you we're using one of those IM apps for video chat. That will empty your battery just as fast as playing genshin impact

Paladin
Star III
To be fair, my use is probably unusual.
With work from home, phone is set to Super Saving for Batt Mode mainly to receive phone calls. It is switched on from around 0800 to 1700 hrs and then switched off for the night. I've also set Batt Care to limit charge to 80% and low power charging. Only start battery charging when batt reaches 40%. It is generally 9 days between charges.
To be fair, it is very light use. Phone is used with Android Auto for relatively short drives which gives a small charge around 3-4 times each week. So for me, batt life is great 🙂