This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain and over heating

ZT-2b48628a
Star III
After the new September security update,the 5z now gets overheating and also the battery draining has increased. Just after an hour of usage the phone gets heated and the battery level drops to 40%. I hope that atleast ASUS can fix this problem as soon as possible.
9 REPLIES 9

ZT-2b48628a
Star III
Victor01_ASUS

Hi, Please follow below steps may improve battery backup:

1. Enable “Power saver” (Settings > Power management)

2. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)

3. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)

4. Boost memory when you see memory consumption is high with no app running,

5. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager. 

you may also follow the below steps:

1. Clear system cache.

2. Try the same under safe mode:

Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode

3. If still you face the issue

factory reset your phone after taking a full backup : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/

4. Last option would be to visit the service center to have

a check. Locate here: https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

View post
Oh please I've already factory reset my 5z several times and still the same problem occurs again and again. The only thing we 5z users want is a bug free android 10 update instead of a security patches.
Note: the battery mode is always in power saving and still drops as I remove it from the charger.
For heating issues I just use my 5z for streaming on Netflix and sometimes for playing pubg(1-2hrs).
Please fix these bugs in the upcoming update ASUS.

ZT-2b48628a
Star III
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36689/battery-drain-and-over-heating

Is it a cpu spike bug after september security patch? I observed this two time as soon as i updated phone latest .99 phone got heated alot and battery was drain faster than normal but dont know got normal again & after few days again same problem occured and again it is much normal now heating happens sometimes some other days not constantly@Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS

View post
Yep it's the same cpu spike after the September security update and the same problem occurs to me as you've mentioned

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
A battery bug fix is coming in next FOTA. This fix applies for the battery issues which has earlier been reported. However, the more severe battery drain you just experienced was most probably due to the google play service bug which they just fixed. So if you have the latest update of google play, then you shouldn't have this battery drain any longer.

ZT-2b48628a
Star III
Anders_ASUS

A battery bug fix is coming in next FOTA. This fix applies for the battery issues which has earlier been reported. However, the more severe battery drain you just experienced was most probably due to the google play service bug which they just fixed. So if you have the latest update of google play, then you shouldn't have this battery drain any longer.

View post
I really appreciate if ASUS can fix this issue and also other bugs.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Anders_ASUS

View post
Thanxx alot will check this 👍😊