This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain and over heating

ZT-2b48628a
Star III
After the new September security update,the 5z now gets overheating and also the battery draining has increased. Just after an hour of usage the phone gets heated and the battery level drops to 40%. I hope that atleast ASUS can fix this problem as soon as possible.
9 REPLIES 9

Gera
Star III
Agree. It got even worse with the drain. I already did that battery calibration stuff and stil horrible. I got 4 hrs of screen time now i got less than 2 something is wrong with the last update (ww_100.10.107.99)

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, Please follow below steps may improve battery backup:
1. Enable “Power saver” (Settings > Power management)
2. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)
3. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)
4. Boost memory when you see memory consumption is high with no app running,
5. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager. 

you may also follow the below steps:
1. Clear system cache.
2. Try the same under safe mode:
Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode
3. If still you face the issue
factory reset your phone after taking a full backup : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/
4. Last option would be to visit the service center to have
a check. Locate here: https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

hkorkut
Rising Star II
Every question about the battery is also the classic answer factory reset. admit once that there is a problem with the software. it shouldn't be that hard

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
m4a3scar@gmail.com

After the new September security update,the 5z now gets overheating and also the battery draining has increased. Just after an hour of usage the phone gets heated and the battery level drops to 40%. I hope that atleast ASUS can fix this problem as soon as possible.

Battery drain and over heating
Is it a cpu spike bug after september security patch? I observed this two time as soon as i updated phone latest .99 phone got heated alot and battery was drain faster than normal but dont know got normal again & after few days again same problem occured and again it is much normal now heating & drain happens sometimes some other days not constantly@Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS