cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on 33.0220.0220.75

Someuser234
Star II

Hi!

I have a Zenfone10 purchased at the US, and it's currently stuck on firmware version 33.0220.0220.75.

System update states "Your system is up-to-date"

I've also tried downloading the latest firmware (34.1004.0204.128) from Asus website. Upon restarting, the phone detects the file but the update process fails immediately upon attempting to update.

Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

Someuser234
Star II

Solved it!

Short version: Manually updating to 33.0220.0220.89 worked, and OTA pulled further updates after .89 was installed.

Long version:

I got back from support a couple of days after opening this thread. They said my problem was hardware-related and that I should RMA my phone. Finding that odd, I requested the problem to be escalated internally. A couple of days later, I got a second "confirmation" of the same diagnosis. Just a heads-up for those struggling with similar problems... support don't always know what they're talking about.

I had almost given up when @Mansi_ASUS  (huge kudos!) linked me version 33.0220.0220.89 update file. Upon copying it to Internal Storage base folder and restarting, the phone recognized the update file - same as it did before with versions from Asus website - but this time the update succeeded.

After that, System Update ceased saying "Your system is up-to-date" and managed to detect, download and install multiple updates. I am now happily running 34.1004.0204.180. 🙂