cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on 33.0220.0220.75

Someuser234
Star II

Hi!

I have a Zenfone10 purchased at the US, and it's currently stuck on firmware version 33.0220.0220.75.

System update states "Your system is up-to-date"

I've also tried downloading the latest firmware (34.1004.0204.128) from Asus website. Upon restarting, the phone detects the file but the update process fails immediately upon attempting to update.

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Someuser234
Star II

Solved it!

Short version: Manually updating to 33.0220.0220.89 worked, and OTA pulled further updates after .89 was installed.

Long version:

I got back from support a couple of days after opening this thread. They said my problem was hardware-related and that I should RMA my phone. Finding that odd, I requested the problem to be escalated internally. A couple of days later, I got a second "confirmation" of the same diagnosis. Just a heads-up for those struggling with similar problems... support don't always know what they're talking about.

I had almost given up when @Mansi_ASUS  (huge kudos!) linked me version 33.0220.0220.89 update file. Upon copying it to Internal Storage base folder and restarting, the phone recognized the update file - same as it did before with versions from Asus website - but this time the update succeeded.

After that, System Update ceased saying "Your system is up-to-date" and managed to detect, download and install multiple updates. I am now happily running 34.1004.0204.180. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Victoria476
Star I

@Someuser234  ADPVantage wrote:

Hi!

I have a Zenfone10 purchased at the US, and it's currently stuck on firmware version 33.0220.0220.75.

System update states "Your system is up-to-date"

I've also tried downloading the latest firmware (34.1004.0204.128) from Asus website. Upon restarting, the phone detects the file but the update process fails immediately upon attempting to update.

Please help!

Hello, @Someuser234 

It sounds frustrating to deal with a stuck firmware update. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:

Check Firmware Version:
Ensure the firmware version you downloaded matches your phone’s SKU (e.g., WW, CN, TW). Using an incorrect SKU can cause update failures.
Manual Update Process:
Download the correct firmware ZIP file from the ASUS website.
Connect your phone to a PC and copy the ZIP file to the root directory of your phone’s internal storage.
Disconnect the USB cable. Your phone should detect the update file and prompt you to install it.
Battery Level:
Make sure your phone has at least 15% battery life or is connected to a charger during the update process.
Rescue Mode:
If the update fails, you might need to use Rescue Mode. This involves specific steps to restore the firmware. Detailed instructions can be found on the ASUS support page.
If these steps don’t work, it might be best to contact ASUS customer support for further assistance. They can provide more specific guidance based on your situation.

Let me know if you need any more help!

Best regards

Victoria Hubb

Hello @Victoria476 

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried your suggestions but they did not work.

I am now waiting for Asus support to get back to me and will update this if I get a solution.

Hey @Someuser234,

I have sent you a PM, could you please share your device's SN there.

Hello @Mansi_ASUS 

Serial sent via PM. Thanks in advance!