This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Updates

hangryhorse
Star II

I'm repeating myself after a previous post - why is it so difficult for Asus to keep this phone updated with the latest security updates? 

Again, the last security patches are 3 months old now - if you want an up-to-date phone, don't buy asus!

11 REPLIES 11

PBN
Rising Star I

This was my last attempt at an ASUS product. I had the Transformer Pad TF700 which had terrible eMMC and essentially it ground to a halt. It became so slow it was just an overpriced brick with a keyboard you could attach.

The ASUS motherboard I had luckily lasted many years though, but my next upgrade became a Gigabyte one because of the bad taste of the Transformer Pad and my cousin's terrible ASUS motherboard (newer than mine). 

That said, I do really enjoy the phone and I hope before they give up on it they provide some of the features I've requested over the past few months and create a stable experience. The security patches need to keep coming after that, I don't care much about new features (just ones I would expect to be there like being able to manually select icons from an icon pack!)

Kndiag
Star III

Now I regret not to but Samsung. They have everything in stock, self repair program , long support ehhh that od really sad