This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Updates

hangryhorse
Star II

I'm repeating myself after a previous post - why is it so difficult for Asus to keep this phone updated with the latest security updates? 

Again, the last security patches are 3 months old now - if you want an up-to-date phone, don't buy asus!

11 REPLIES 11

I have the same security patch as you. I don't see what the serial number has to do with it. Asus is just lagging behind on security updates. It's unfortunate because so many other phone makers are so much faster rolling them out. I mentioned pixels above, they come out monthly and on time nearly always. A lot of people prioritize security patches, and rightly so and won't buy from a company that doesn't also prioritize them. The only reason I bought the Asus was for the smaller size. It works well also.  I am always careful how I use it so as to minimize my security risks though.  I wish they came out in a more timely manner but oh well, is what it is I guess. If it's important to someone they should shop elsewhere when considering a new device. I wonder if their other devices offered are the same in that regard, wouldn't be surprised.

hangryhorse
Star II

Yes, it's just frustrating because they are not transparant about it, and it's an expensive phone.   Lesson learned for me, this will be my first and last ASUS phone.  I'm going for something else.

I really enjoy the phone overall but yeah, first and last ASUS at this rate.

SGHFan
Star III

A bit worse: The "security update" symbol in the Security & Lock Screen page is now red. It should be green.

tehsYs
Star I

It is a let down to not receive security updates for a premium phone for 3 months now. It is super deceiving to promise (monthly) security updates and just not release them. Should have gone with Samsung or Google, well too late now but will not buy anything from Asus after this experience.  BTW same goes for my Zenbook which did not receive a BIOS update with the AMD stuttering fix, while my desktop PC got it years ago...