This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPS charging not always working

chickenandegg
Star III

I bought this phone last week. It has a problem recognizing PPS chargers as quite often the hypercharge functionality doesn't kick in and the phone indicates regular fast charging instead.

It seems that the included charger always works as it should but If I use a 30 Watt Google Pixel charger for example which also supports PPS it often doesn't. Then when I plugin the Asus charger until it indicates Hypercharge and then switch back to the Google charger then it also shows Hypercharge.

It looks like there might be something not right with PPS support of this phone. I'm hoping it's a software issue.

I have several PPS chargers in the house and also a car charger that supports it (and which has the same issue with this phone). They all work fine with a Samsung Galaxy S23 as that always uses super fast charging with all these chargers. So it really seems the problem is in the Zenfone 10.

Hope support can look into this. I've installed all the latest updates.

5 REPLIES 5

PBN
Rising Star I

The manual does state to always use the included ASUS charger, but in real world use this isn't practical always. I think this is something that a) ASUS has already stated the solution for but b) ASUS should still cater for real world scenarios when you need to use other chargers if you don't have yours with you.

chickenandegg
Star III

I understand but that doesn't mean they shouldn't adhere to the USB standard. PPS is part of that standard and they mention PPS support in the official specifications.

It should therefore work with any PPS charger not just the Asus one. And thus also on the road with any PPS car charger when an AC wall socket charger clearly doesn't work.

My hope is that they will look into the matter and just fix so it works as it does with the other phones here that support PPS.

The latest update hasn't fixed this issue. My ZF10 still often fails to hypercharge with a 3rd party PPS charger. Is this issue at all on the radar with Asus engineers and developers?

Mansi_ASUS

Hey,
Can you guys please share a log file with me via PM?

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)