This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV. Official support for Windows 10 20H2.

bohushvitali
Star I
System: UX581GV_19H2
Battery or AC: Both
Model: ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: frequent freezes
Reset OS: Yes. Roughly two time a month. No correlation with installed software found.
Screenshot or video: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLChcXj5lTvV_R7jAvodFAXEkYl9LvQNG8
========================
Detailed description:
Currently when accepting Feature update version 20H2 in windows update center it is not fully installed and rolls back to 19H2
Please provide estimated dates when this model will be shipped to customers with newest tested windows version.
The main reason for asking is frequent freezes on 19H2
I would like to sent it to RMA for the second time to get full reset with newest windows flashed as recovery image. When sending the first time (six month ago) RMA wasn't able to found any issues however freezes still occurring randomly on a system without any third party software installed.

Thanks in advance.
screenshot-2020-12-27-201812.png
screenshot-2021-01-11-123224.png

67 REPLIES 67

embabi
Star II
neeleshsandi13

Howdy...

I am new here in the discussion having same problem while updating windows 10 20H2 update. Someone from Asus Support advised me to factory reset the laptop. I just wanted to ask Does it works? Anyone have tried it? I don't want to reset it and lost all software I installed.

Expecting a reply soon..!!

View post
I have UX581GV the core i9 version
I tried the following:
1st method using snappy driver update then upgrade to 20H2, I encountered a blue screen after 1 day of upgrade.
2nd Clean install using windows 10 media creation tool. During installation I had a black screen for long time so I decided to turn of using power key and restart then the windows installation continued normally, which worked for me. Now windows is working fine for about 2 weeks.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
i don't have higher model laptop.
but I always prefer to install graphics driver from intel and nvidia sites only.
I install DCH based WHQL to my laptop hardwares.
no blue screen, no black screen.
because I check applications before installation . and I activated device guard and windows defender application control' guard to safeguard my data.

ChuckMcKnight
Star I
rollfire

I had the same conflict. It stopped at 48 % with hardware error.

I solved it.

1. Install Snappy - Driver Installer

2. Update all (Not installed, Newer and Better Match) Drivers

3. Run the Windows Update Assistent. Windows10Upgrade9252.exe

4. Press the thumbs!

hey ASUS if you want to thank me. I would love to get the UX582 ;).

image.png

View post
You're my hero. Thank you! This is what finally worked.