Star I
System: Win 10
Battery or AC: both
Model: ux581
Frequency of occurrence: all the time
Reset OS: no, seems extreme for this
Screenshot or video: nope, but imagine a computer sleeping but really not
========================
Detailed description:when I put the computer in sleep mode, the fan still runs and the usb ports still put out power. like I have a laptop stand with built in fan connect via usb to laptop for power. in sleep mode the laptop stand fan still runs...why?

how do I truly put the ux581 into sleep mode? (currently I just hit the power button and choose sleep...)
9 REPLIES 9

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello dapster600,
2004 is not fully ready yet ...
may you check if you rollback to 1909, does the issue still happen?
Thank you.

royschreiber
Star II
Seems to me that this is due to modern standby. All sleep modes (except for hybrinaton) have been converted by microsoft to the modern standby mode that keeps USB ports running and runs certain computational operations such as recieving emails.
Going to a deeper sleep mode is currently only possible by setting the computer to hybrinate.

dapster600
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello dapster600,

2004 is not fully ready yet ...

may you check if you rollback to 1909, does the issue still happen?

Thank you.

View post
okay, but I can't go back. I'm beyond the 10 day limit. I would have to do a fresh install. I may try that. what other issues you know are related to 2004? the menu button on my screenpad disappears after an hour or so, and outlook crashes semi-often. I will try to get around to doing a fresh install, and doing all updates up to but before 2004, and see how it goes.
Do you by any chance know when ASUS will come out with some updates so Zenbook pro duo will work with 2004?

royschreiber

Seems to me that this is due to modern standby. All sleep modes (except for hybrinaton) have been converted by microsoft to the modern standby mode that keeps USB ports running and runs certain computational operations such as recieving emails.

Going to a deeper sleep mode is currently only possible by setting the computer to hybrinate.

View post

hmmm okay. I do have my older ROG. will see if this happens. I only used to have a external illuminated keyboard hooked up via usb which would go off when I close the lid (sleep action). the only thing is that sleep mode should be LIGHT operation. the zenbook will still be hot and the internal fan is blowing sometimes. never expected fan operation in sleep mode

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello dapster600,
Please refer to below announcement from Microsoft
Windows 10, version 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004 - Windows Release Informationsince 2004 is still debuging, we would not confirmed anything at this moment,
but we have been collecting feedback like this thread for record.
Thank you.

royschreiber
Star II
dapster600

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/103994#Comment_103994

okay, but I can't go back. I'm beyond the 10 day limit. I would have to do a fresh install. I may try that. what other issues you know are related to 2004? the menu button on my screenpad disappears after an hour or so, and outlook crashes semi-often. I will try to get around to doing a fresh install, and doing all updates up to but before 2004, and see how it goes.

Do you by any chance know when ASUS will come out with some updates so Zenbook pro duo will work with 2004?

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/104065#Comment_104065

hmmm okay. I do have my older ROG. will see if this happens. I only used to have a external illuminated keyboard hooked up via usb which would go off when I close the lid (sleep action). the only thing is that sleep mode should be LIGHT operation. the zenbook will still be hot and the internal fan is blowing sometimes. never expected fan operation in sleep mode

View post
Older computers may not have modern standby enabled, newer zenbooks do. I was also supprised when I switched to my current computer and realized it can't go into normal sleep mode.