This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook laptop screen "static" (like analog TV gone wrong)

rahelab
Star II

The screen of my ZenBook laptop randomly goes "static and snow" (yes, reference to an Colin James song) - the whole screen. If I turn the laptop off-and-on again in quick succession, it goes away. We have tried updating drivers, etc but nothing seems to help. It seems to be happening more frequently - it happened twice during a 90-minute work session this afternoon.

Of course, it started happening when I was out of warranty. Short video attached.

Any ideas of what to try next? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We've updated the drivers not long ago but will do so again. I don't know how to check the BIOS but likely my partner does. We're not about to open up the laptop but I may need to send it to be repaired. Will try the suggestions in the link you sent first. Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

camilasaunder89
Rising Star I

You can try the below fixes:

1. Try updating your video card, there are huge chances that it might be corupted.

2. You can try some other reliable Driver Updater software like Smart Driver Care.

3. Try troubleshooting your laptop.

Falcon_ASUS

@rahelab
As mentioned by other users, it is recommended that you update the graphics card driver. Additionally, it is also suggested to check if the issue persists in the BIOS. If the same problem occurs in the BIOS, it is advisable to have the screen and screen cables checked for repair.
For more troubleshooting information, please refer to the following:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1015072/ 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

We've updated the drivers not long ago but will do so again. I don't know how to check the BIOS but likely my partner does. We're not about to open up the laptop but I may need to send it to be repaired. Will try the suggestions in the link you sent first. Thanks.

@rahelab
How to enter BIOS, please refer to the following:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008829/ 
Thank you.