Did you mean: 

Zenbook Duo Screenpad+ Freezing and Crashing 50+ times per day

SeoulSeeker
Star III
System: Zenbook Duo
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX482
Frequency of occurrence: 50+ times per day
Reset OS: Already reset OS, did not work.
Screenshot or video: Attached Reliability Monitor Reports
========================
Detailed description:Starting about two weeks or so back, the ScreenXpert software that controls the Screenpad+ on my Zenbook Duo UX482 has made the secondary screen basically unusable. It will do one of two things; either 1) The screenpad settings button will get stuck and not respond to input or 2) the screenxpert software will just restart itself randomly, playing the screenpad+ boot up animation
Both issues are incredibly frequent. Like, every 5 minutes or so.
By checking the Reliability Monitor, I was able to determine that these are caused by crashes in ASUS Splendid and ASUS Libra. I have attached screenshots of these crash logs.
I have already tried reverting my Bios, as well as reverting my ScreenPad+ drivers to earlier versions. I have also done a clean windows reinstall and the issue still persists.
I have also already tried using the screenpad optimizer tool that can be downloaded from ASUS website.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
reliability-overall-png.png
reliabilitysplendid-png.png
reliabilitylibra-png.png

52 REPLIES 52

SeoulSeeker
Star III
FongPoui

I am facing the similar issue. Screenpad became only an extended area of the main screen.

Yesterday ( in the first video, the screen could respond correctly to my finger touch but not to the pen.

This morning (in the second video) it refuse to respond to finger touch. From yesterday, I thought I had a pen issue. Now, the problem is from the screenpad!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/6GNXCWX02CSV/movie001.mp4

View post
I think these are not related... please make a separate thread.

Alfonso Velasco

Having exactly the same problems. Completely unreliable, un-usable, second screen. Kinda defeats the purpose of a dual screen and extra cost. Extremely dissapointed so far. Miss my VX7 . Hope a fix comes soon.

View post
Must comment that with the latest WINDOWS 11 update, most of the problems are gone !! Will keep posting.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.