pakevic
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Description: BSOD on start when cold
Model: UX410UF
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes

Last edited by pakevic on 2019/2/3 13:49 The ZenBook UX410 goes to blue screen on cold start, restarts couple of times and then works ok. This behaviour is more often when laptop is left in a room slightly colder than 20 Celsius, and when after a couple of tries temps rise above 24-5 it works. Below link shows that. There are other videos, and I explained the issue to the salesman but couldn't get a refund or another working laptop. I bought it two months ago and now I am without a main tool for my programming job. First time the store sent it to repair shop so they could identify the malfunction and  store could replace it for a new one. But laptop comes from the repair with a note that bios is now updated, laptop is tested and fully functional. I went to the store to get it, the sales person turns it on and there was the BSOD again. The problem persisted even after the 'intervention'. I requested a new laptop but store sent it again to the repair shop for diagnostics because these are the rules, they said. Again I got a response that everything is tested and laptop is working. I spent around 1200 euros for this model, expecting that I would have no problems. This is causing a great stress because I can't work and the laptop I bought is not reliable. Am I just at the mercy of XLS.doo (ComTrade shop Belgrade) and repair service System One?
4 REPLIES 4

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
BSOD is caused due to win32base.sys . because its already corrupted . Your laptop is hardware good, there is no releation between this BSOD to hardware. try to boot the windows into safemode with networking , and then type below commands in cmd and press enter Sfc.exe /Scannow restart the windows Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /Resetbase Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth restart the windows

Apin_ASUS
Hi pakevic: I am so sorry to hear about your experience. Did you upgrade your ram or any hardware changed? Could you please pm me RMA number or Serial number ?

pakevic
Star I
Alvez_ASUS posted on 2019/2/11 09:38 Hi pakevic: I am so sorry to hear about your experience. Did you upgrade your ram or any hardwar ...
The system is original, as I got licenced Win10 Home. After this problem started I tried with a Windows reset but even that wasn't the solution. Tried to boot Linux from usb drive but it froze some time after the start. And why it would respond to temperature change if the culprit was a system? As I mentioned after it gets warmer starts ok and works good. The device has its original configuration, nothing was changed. I have contacted Asus support, requested for laptop to be tested and now waiting for the response. Thanks for the comments.

NIMBOU
Star I
i have the same problem did you get a fix?