This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook able to use external monitor with DP input?

cthomas123
Star I
System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hey folks. Love my Zenbook UX431 FN which is about 2 years old. I need to hook up an external monitor for work now but the Dell monitor I bought only has VGA and DP inputs. My Zenbook has HDMI, 2 regular USB ports, and a USB C port. I've tried a number of adapters (HDMI to DP and USB C to DP) but neither work and the message I get on the monitor is that there is no DP signal from my laptop.
I read a thread from earlier this year (definitely should have checked here first...) where an ASUS rep says that the USB C port does not support external display. The HDMI to DP didn't work either so is there an option with the regular USB ports? Most importantly, did I buy a monitor that is just plain incompatible with a Zenbook because it has a DP input? (Note, I do not want to resort to the old school VGA cable!). Any suggestions/help would be HUGELY appreciated.
Keep on Zenning my friends.
-Chris
3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Chris,
I'm sorry that all of the USB ports on this model does not support display.
Thank you.

cthomas123
Star I
Thanks for the reply Blake! So is HDMI out the only option for an external monitor? Sounds like I will need to find a monitor that allows for directly HDMI input (with no adapters).

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Chris,
HDMI is the only display export port for your model.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.