Star I
System: ZenBook 14 OLED
Battery or AC: Battery and AC
Model: UX3402ZA-KN068W
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: No
========================
Detailed description:After initial cleanup and windows update installation Bios update was run automatically, I confirmed update, waited for completion and after i got confirmation of success I pressed enter key, laptop went black, and didn't show anything on screen afterwards. I have tried to hard reset it by disconnecting AC and holding power button for 30 - 40 seconds and reconnecting AC and pressing power button, but I still get black screen.
I have also tried to connect external monitor to HDMI, but also had no display output (monitor reported no signal).
Is there a way to run BIOS update from USB stick like on some motherboards? Or do I already have to send it for service?
3 REPLIES 3

julianragan
Star I
Ok, problem solved. Can someone add information before restarting, that black screen for a minute or two after flashing is normal and no reason to panic?

Falcon_ASUS
julianragan

Ok, problem solved. Can someone add information before restarting, that black screen for a minute or two after flashing is normal and no reason to panic?

View post
@julianragan
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and your valuable advice will be included in future design and optimization considerations. Thank you. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.